Popped A Little $$$ Maker Nugget

I enjoy Rye Patch area in October and sometimes November before the snow accumulates.  My 7 performs best this time of year and the day temps in 60-70s is ideal. 

What I like most about this region is the variety of natural gold nuggets.  So far I've been able to score a couple small Chevron pieces and a dozen or so small .1 gram to 1 gram pieces.   My total weight so far is just over 10 grams.   

No,  this is nothing to write home about as for gold weight wise,  but one of them is $$$.  It's a 1.2 gram collector nugget.  I've only found 4 or 5 of these beauties in my 25+ yrs of hunting nuggets. 

I posted this picture on Facebook and have a couple offers,  but I have a habit of falling in love with my gold finds.   Does anyone know what something like this would sell for to a collector?  Yes I realize there are many variables,  but just want to get an idea. 

BTW, if anyone else has found these kind, I'd love to see some pictures. Thanks everyone for input and good luck on your next swing. 

PS my phone is acting up and not working half the time so it's hard to promise any replies right away.  Thanks for being patient. 

20201030_180328.jpg

Once again you have shown us newbies what to shoot for and not give up.

Beautiful find and glad that you shared it with us.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Very nice nugget there Gerry, absolutely beautiful gold crystals. Definitely a keeper! Give us a look again when you get the limonite off and cleaned up.

My guess value wise would be in the $800 to $1200 range and that would be retail. A dealer would would give you half of that amount or a little more. I've seen a Round Mountain gold specimen that has smaller crystals that is 1/2" inch in size, 1 gram in weight retailing around $225.

Here's one of mine that was appraised a couple years ago that is about 1/2" x 3/8" in size and 1 gram in weight. The value was $1100, again that is retail.

FSF-116a.thumb.jpg.f4a53734fdbdd4460b70aee860b63855.jpgFSF-116ra.thumb.jpg.c9357b3f19239c7f9631f08df4e8a50b.jpg

Very Nice Gerry, unless you have more of them in your poke I'd Keep It !!!!!

Very nice Gerry.  I'd say you should message Wes as he knows who found many nuggets like that from the area over the years.  He's also found a couple himself and sold them to one of the dealers so he could navigate you through their speak and deal.

I've never found a chevron up there yet.  I've got a few nice crystals in my wanderings.

Mitchel

I cringe at times thinking of the crystalline pieces I have sold later to find out how much the so called high end mineral dealers we all are familiar with got for them. Beautiful piece of gold , I'd hold on to it until you really get a fair deal you would feel good about and not have regrets like I have.