Garrett Infinium Coils On Whites TDI SL

hawkeye

I doubt they are directly compatible. You would at a minimum need to cut the Garrett connector off and wire a TDI/Minelab connector on. The lack of aftermarket coils tells me Garrett is doing something different with their coils. Otherwise the aftermarket guys would offer Garrett versions of existing coils. So some sort if electronic balancing might also be needed.

With hundreds of coils available for the TDI it is not like it is worth the effort. What is it you are hoping an Infinium coil will do for a TDI?

Sure can, though the ATX appears to be optimized for DD coils and the TDI more for mono coils. You can run any Minelab GP series DD coil on the TDI. I have the Commander 10" x 5" DD for my GPX. I will plug it into my TDI and get back to you here on how it flies.

I prefer mono coils normally but I suspect the ATX is going to run better with DD coils.

Sure can, though the ATX appears to be optimized for DD coils and the TDI more for mono coils. You can run any Minelab GP series DD coil on the TDI. I have the Commander 10" x 5" DD for my GPX. I will plug it into my TDI and get back to you here on how it flies.

I prefer mono coils normally but I suspect the ATX is going to run better with DD coils.

Steve

I have been running GP series mono coils on my TDI Pro and SL for awhile now. Are you saying we should only use the DD GP series coils on the TDI's? Just curious because I thought any GP series coil was ok to use. I did notice the TDI's tend to get a little erratic when I go over 14" but purr like a kitten with the smaller 8" Commander and 6X8 NF.

No, I said the TDI appears to run just fine with mono coils more so than with DD coils. But you can run either. Most Minelab SD/GP coils work on the TDI but if they overload you need to increase the pulse delay to get stable performance.

I did plug the 10" x 5" Commander DD into my TDI last night and it worked fine but if it was me I would stick with mono coils on the TDI

I believe the Garrett ATX was designed specifically around the DD coil it comes with for good performance on small gold. In my limited use of the 8" mono coil so far it appeared to not be as quiet or smooth as the stock DD coil. Which is normally the case with PI detectors. DD coils were very popular on the Minelab units prior to the GPX series, then settings on the GPX were developed that favored mono coils. I almost never use a DD coil any more except on the ATX.

The bottom line for anyone is just try them yourself if you have them. Coils do vary somewhat in manufacturing and so you just never know. I was told by Garrett that Infinium mono coils would probably not work well on the Garrett ATX but I am trying them anyway. I have to find out for myself.

No, I said the TDI appears to run just fine with mono coils more so than with DD coils. But you can run either. Most Minelab SD/GP coils work on the TDI but if they overload you need to increase the pulse delay to get stable performance.

I did plug the 10" x 5" Commander DD into my TDI last night and it worked fine but if it was me I would stick with mono coils on the TDI

I believe the Garrett ATX was designed specifically around the DD coil it comes with for good performance on small gold. In my limited use of the 8" mono coil so far it appeared to not be as quiet or smooth as the stock DD coil. Which is normally the case with PI detectors. DD coils were very popular on the Minelab units prior to the GPX series, then settings on the GPX were developed that favored mono coils. I almost never use a DD coil any more except on the ATX.

The bottom line for anyone is just try them yourself if you have them. Coils do vary somewhat in manufacturing and so you just never know. I was told by Garrett that Infinium mono coils would probably not work well on the Garrett ATX but I am trying them anyway. I have to find out for myself.

I would be interested if the infinium coils would work, I happen to have a extra 14" mono for the infinium.

Steve, thanks for your input.  My most sensitive coil to small gold is the Jimmy 6" mini coil.  I was/am looking for a way to get that sensitivity and a little more coverage.  Again thanks. 

Give the NF 6X8 Sadie mono on the TDI, very sensitive set up.