Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

Yeah, It has a lot of the things we need, it would have been nice to see 2 push pads for a manual GB but we can adlib that just by holding it up off the ground And I must say that having the ground grab on my other Whites machines is a great addition and not having the + and - buttons I don't feel cheated in anyway using it is just different that's all, But it does make me happy seeing them there,

As for the plug sockets I would like to see it in the right place because with a few tweaks this machine can be a Great machine instead of a good machine, I think back in the day Whites spent over 2 and a half years tweaking the MXT and that has sold in the millions and for 14/15 years and with the right input this one can be just as Iconic, That Socket being where it is has me thinking long and hard, At the moment I am 65% against it because of where that plug is when I would like to be right and you have got to love that Big display and although I like the Black on detectors that new colour scheme has to be good for the detectors safety out in the field and darn sight easier to see under water.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MXS's direct competition has the phone cable on the right. The deal breaker for me would be if the MXS came out with a tiny display, zero tone options, no volume control, no mixed mode audio, tracking with lock and no backlight. Hey, I just described the MXS's competition! If you set the new marketing style to rest the MXS does have a lot of cool features....

I can and do live without the volume control but the headphone cable/socket is going to Annoy a lot of people, As it is headphone cables do get caught up in trees etc even when they are around the back, With the cord hanging out in front it will increase the problem 10 fold., So it would be in Whites interest to correct the problem before it goes in to full production and ending up costing them more money later as an after thought, Like I said it would make a good detector Great.

When it's hot I hate wearing phones.  I just like the open air - hearing the machine beep along.  My issue is machines with a fixed volume it acts like a kid magnet 50 yards from any kid.  Having volume control makes it much better.  The Atpros headphone pigtail extends all the way back to the rear of the arm cuff.  From the photo of Whites adapter it will too.  Whites is saying that the adapter along with phones will be in the box.  It won't be a perfect machine as non is.  But it will be a nice all arounder! 

From my engineering background  I would rather put it in the right place first time, I guess if you don't wear headphones then it is not so much of an issue for you, placing it in the normal position would suit a lot of people, So we will have to wait and see if Whites take any of this on board and what the final product resembles..

khouse

I too am not real happy with the location of the headphones plug. Now with the adapter cord if it's long enough I could run it back under my arm. That's a maybe.

I do believe I'll watch the videos on the MXS and Racer 2 before I buy anything. I too want to hear Steve's review on both detectors.. In the pass I had to have the first one out the door. But I'm looking at this detector for my coin detector that I want to have years from now. I want to fall in love with it and with a true love you can't let it go.

Chuck

10 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

From my engineering background  I would rather put it in the right place first time, I guess if you don't wear headphones then it is not so much of an issue for you, placing it in the normal position would suit a lot of people, So we will have to wait and see if Whites take any of this on board and what the final product resembles..

From the photos I don't think the phone location will be changed. It hasn't hurt the Atpro's sales and we griped about that too in the beginning.  I guess no one wants to mess with the lefties?

7 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

khouse

I too am not real happy with the location of the headphones plug. Now with the adapter cord if it's long enough I could run it back under my arm. That's a maybe.

I do believe I'll watch the videos on the MXS and Racer 2 before I buy anything. I too want to hear Steve's review on both detectors.. In the pass I had to have the first one out the door. But I'm looking at this detector for my coin detector that I want to have years from now. I want to fall in love with it and with a true love you can't let it go.

Chuck

I think it will come down to if you want an Amphibian machine or not?  If one is looking for a coin machine only with great depth and super ID then there is another choice for that.  If you want a machine that will do all things well plus swims there are a few to choose from.  Then you can let the price vs options guide you.  Actually it's just more fun to have a few machines.  Some specific and some all arounders. 

Well if people complained about the AT Pro and people never took notice then such a thing could hurt sales, If it is not corrected then I too will be looking towards Nokta/Makro, I have spent a lot of money with Whites but I will make my judgement when I see the final product.

There is a good reason why sales of  Nokta/Makro are becoming a threat to companies like Whites and it is simple, and that is because they listen and they are very fast in responding to customers requests and that alone is reason enough to support them. 

I fully agree. The US companies must wake up and I do believe Whites has. The headphone jack location isn't a deal breaker for me personally. I have caught my MXTpro's headphone cord plenty of times in the woods. I have equally caught my Xterra's cord as well and it's on the left.  So although they are in a better place they still will hang up on stuff.  For the life of me I don't know why a lot of machines have the jacks on the right?  Garrett has sold 2.5 Billion Ace's and Pro machines with the jack on the right.  Do manufacturers just hire left handed engineers?