Gold Rush Camp Finds

We headed out Saturday morning to the camp.  Wife has given up on the Vanquish because all she digs is square nails.  So we swapped detectors later in the day.   She then found an ax head and a big chisel.  I scored the dime and other stuff with the Equinox before the switch.   We bought a curio cabinet to house our growing collection of history so I will include a photo of it.    Hope everyone is doing well out there.  

69043D5B-1AD1-4FCE-A8EC-E56FCDC5CD94.jpeg

9D3F4F2E-D9D6-47A3-8FDF-BFDF013D4768.jpeg

CD62BD61-933D-4B12-BD8A-A22C86C2B3D9.jpeg

A8387FCC-02A5-44CA-BFE3-888A24BBFFFA.jpeg

64620974-82FD-46D2-8427-FC57EF2C51E7.jpeg

Nice finds again! And family participating to boot. That curio cabinet is really sharp. The Bowie is almost a sword! Wow. 

Chris, you are just KILLING it !   Have you figured out what this site was used for ?   Like, was it some sort of known camp-center type location ?   Or traveler stopping spot ?  Or just random cellar hole that has no text-history that you can figure out the purpose/name of the location ?

Or ... if it will make it more simple for you, just give me the GPS location, and I'll do all the research for ya !  😍

F350. The Bowie is a favorite of mine.  Caprock the Deus came in today but the coil charge clip wasn’t in the box so I called them and it’s on the way.   Tom,  I have identified 7  cabin sites, only one is still somewhat “standing”.  This area is very long  and seems the cabins were in two groups.  I haven’t found it on old maps but it’s in line with a few known sites.   I’ll keep plugging away at it but damn those aching muscles.   

3 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

I’ll keep plugging away at it but damn those aching muscles.   

Haha, I'm 61, aching muscles are daily now. Since I go out almost every day, it's not so bad anymore other than an arm cramp now and again. I used a Limbsaver sling at the beach because I wasn't moving as slow as I usually do. When scouting it's the worst.

I do get "Trigger Finger", my right ring finger locks up on me overnight, and it hurts to straighten it. Fixed that problem by wearing that huge tungsten ring I dug at the beach. 😀

2 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Haha, I'm 61, aching muscles are daily now. Since I go out almost every day, it's not so bad anymore other than an arm cramp now and again. I used a Limbsaver sling at the beach because I wasn't moving as slow as I usually do. When scouting it's the worst.

I do get "Trigger Finger", my right ring finger locks up on me overnight, and it hurts to straighten it. Fixed that problem by wearing that huge tungsten ring I dug at the beach. 😀

Interesting because after a full day of detecting, I will wake up with my right middle finger locked up.  Feels weird.  I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one.  

25 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

Interesting because after a full day of detecting, I will wake up with my right middle finger locked up.  Feels weird.  I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one.  

Go to the beach and get you a big fat ring. 😀

Have you ever tried to find the era those Chinese "cash" coins were minted? Newest would be about 1911.

19 hours ago, CVISChris said:

Yep, I have two trigger fingers after a long day of detecting...  thought it was just me too!