Decided to make a day of detecting today. It was a pretty nice day so I first went back to the hill behind my house, but didn't search there. Instead I went down a ravine in the woods to a spot where there might have been some colonial activity. It was supposed to become a boat launch when my area was developed but it never happened, the road to it is almost impenetrable now. Hacked around for a bit but found so few iron signals I decided to move to the landing. The beavers were getting mad anyway, I could hear them slapping their tails against the ground.

I was hoping to get a good low tide to hunt the beach but it never happened. Wind was wrong and the tide didn't go out much, so I went to Plan C which was to just randomly hack around the landing. It's starting to grow a low cover of poison ivy, so I hunted for the most part where it was sparse or not there.

Didn't do too bad! Got a huge tack buckle, a small D buckle, old faucet handle, a 1990 quarter that I dug out of the gravel in the road, a 1900 IHP, a military service button (WW1) backmarked "The Art Metal Works Newark NJ", my first ever complete 17-18th century shoe buckle (extremely fragile), and the puzzle piece of the day - the other half of a belt buckle I found there a while back.20210417_174343.thumb.jpg.a5029ed06c15f827a34126387e860c55.jpg20210417_174450.thumb.jpg.2f99a5bb2c6e8923bb055b169189e850.jpg

If you've been reading my previous hunts, I cleaned up that tiny anvil I dug in Savannah:20210417_174421.thumb.jpg.1f9483859cb34ba467accd8e84ebb56b.jpg

Kinda disappointed it doesn't have any maker marks on it, was hoping for "ACME" or something. 😀

A while back I dug a sheath out of the river, it was so packed with black river gunk I had wait a while for it to dry to get whatever was in it out. Turned out to be this knife, sad that it's completely gone, it would be worth about $250. It's a 70s Schrade Old Timer 25OT Hunter.20210417_164555.thumb.jpg.f8dc2ef97a174c7804c78ccdadbb8a44.jpg

Great spot for relic hunting. Always nice when you get an IH.

Were you using the Kruzer?

Anvil looks good, usually they have a smoother top. Looks like a promising spot.

6 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great spot for relic hunting. Always nice when you get an IH.

Were you using the Kruzer?

Thanks! Yeah there's a lot of stuff here, just got started really. I have an Equinox 600. 

6 minutes ago, kac said:

Anvil looks good, usually they have a smoother top. Looks like a promising spot.

It's been pretty hunted out for silver, but IHP's turn up. I've found a few here. It was one of those really "iffy" signals. Pulled out some iron before getting the penny.

Can't wait to get more in the river. Need a good low tide.

Sounds like a fun spot to detect. Send pictures of the spot.

2 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Sounds like a fun spot to detect. Send pictures of the spot.

It's an old landing for Steamboats (1800s) on the river near my house. Photo shows poison ivy (red colored leaves) covering the ground. About 8 acres total, 3 privately owned properties. I'm looking into what other activity occurred here, just up the hill in front of my house are a lot of finds dating back to the mid 1600s to late 1700s. All sandy loam, easy to dig with a good root shovel. Did I say Poison Ivy?😀20210414_133939.thumb.jpg.7d89e477a881c1651f72c18f2468e279.jpg

3 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Buttons and buckles , knobs and knives , keeps you healthy , wealthy and wise...

Awesome. Shoulda been my title. 👍