Anyone See One Of These Before?

1 hour ago, Raphis said:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia191694.html

Looks like the token has been categorized by “Numista” website....as an unclassified miscellaneous token...it has a high “rarity” index amongst numista members.

In this case I don't think rare necessarily = valuable.  Lol.  Also, the dimensions/weight on numista have to be off as the density would have to be nearly 4 times that of gold.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also, the dimensions/weight on numista have to be off as the density would have to be nearly 4 times that of gold

I don’t see anything abnormal with the listed diameter of the token (25 mm) and it’s width (1.5 mm).  The token is nearly the same size as a US Quarter, which weighs 5.6 grams, is slightly over 24 mm diameter, and 1.75 mm thickness....maybe I’m missing something.

2 hours ago, Raphis said:

I don’t see anything abnormal with the listed diameter of the token (25 mm) and it’s width (1.5 mm).  The token is nearly the same size as a US Quarter, which weighs 5.6 grams, is slightly over 24 mm diameter, and 1.75 mm thickness....maybe I’m missing something.

Nope.  You're right.  I botched the math (dropped a decimal along the way), should have checked it against a real coin's dimensions, like you did.  It is about the density of zinc which makes sense.  My apologies to both you, Raphis, and numista.  Doh!  Anyway, confirms a common vice precious metal was used.  But precious or not, it doesn't take anything away from it being an interesting, somewhat mysterious find.