Can You Make A Living Gold Prospecting With A Good Gold Detector In The Western Deserts Of The U.S.?

Welcome aboard !

You hit gold when you found this forum !

The road you seek is out there but the map is gonna be hard to decipher.

You've had some pretty good directions posted but only you can decide the right way to get there .....these guys are the real deal , listen carefully.

Here's my .02

Making any kind of "income" from this will be a way of life , probably more than just a part time job.

If you find you like detecting and being out in nature for all the reasons besides finding gold . Have no expectations . Maybe a streak of good luck will come your way....but maybe not.

1st question

So do you (and the wife have a history of camping out in the boonies and did you both love it ?

2nd question 

Do you have retirement income so you can survive while waiting for the stars to align and you start "making that living " you're hoping for ?

Last one...

Are you both willing to work at this  more than those 4 hours ?

Yes to all of it ? 

May the force be with you.....

• Like 2

If you have enough in your super to keep you when you retire. Then not using it while trying to make a living off of gold you can boost it with investment. With my savings and gold found not touching my super for an additional 8 or so years, doubled what I started with, and did I have a great time doing it.

• Like 1

A lot of the full-time dredgers I met along the rivers I used to guide on in northern California also had a second income - unemployment.  They camped in sorrowful tents next to their claims and tried to grow vegetables sometimes for extra food to eat besides what they bought mostly in non-perishable cans. Yup, its only 1 out of a bunch that makes a good living out of it, the rest of the time it’s a pretty hard and lonely way to make a living for those guys, but do you know what? They were happy doing it.

• Like 4