I Miss Oz

fredmason

I miss OZ to.  Miss it every year that I cant go and the inbetween times when I do go.  I feel ya.

Thing is too go one just has to make a plan and follow it thru.  Sure it costs; not just materials but time as well and those are big buckets to fill.  If you have mates or can make contacts its all the better.  Doing it solo can be rather nerve wracking and thats from experience.  Fredmason makes a good point about literature, whether its Doug Stone, Peter Hydel or just good old Gold and Ghosts.  They will get you in the area but you also should look into the rules as well : Miners Right and the use of online resources for the area your planning to be in.... for me that's Tengraph in WA.  Though each state has its system and laws.  Plan on camping rough and for long periods.  Plan on getting stuck and plan on haveing a backup plan.  Note if your subject to "Gold Fever" you might find yourself at odds with other seagulls. ;)

I prefer WA myself and am curious about NSW.  Did Vic my first go and may do it again one day. Other things I want to do there as well *the bucket list*~ Barramundi fishing, sapphires, opal and a good trip on the Prince's highway. Might even try the middle.

Make a plan and just do it.  Sure I wrack up the debt but I budget myself according to my own goals.

Well thats two cents anyhow :)

• The title was changed to I Miss Oz

greatpix- go get em.......Sunbakers  ounces just laying around! ha ha 

That is some fine looking area ;)  Nice that the wattle was in bloom.  Its a great scent when they're all going off around ya.

Would you mind if I added a few pics to your memories Fred?

Thanks Fred.  No I'm a US citizen *thats what I tell the BP at the road blocks out El Paso way hehh*.  Just now I'm working in North Carollina thinking to get back down to WA again this year.  I'd be my first time going two consecutive years.  I'll know more as finances come online again as its pretty draining doing 5 and 6 months at a shot.

I like the scenery :)  Never have seen the huge termite mounds but I like the hat. Hahh!

A scene from Sandstone's London bridge, some salt brush in bloom and a morning picture after a rainy couple of days near Leonora.... I'm still resizing stuff and putting together an album of last year.  Not the best but I'd had trouble with the past forum loading images.

SAM_0520.JPG

SAM_0401.jpg

SAM_0467.jpg

Reading this thread, I find it remarkable and a wee disappointing, a lot of OZ folks I know, travel the world a bit ( bore me with their long winded narrative) and have not seen much of this magic country. You folks have some magic country I`m hoping to see one day, guess to us chasing gold isn`t necessarily what we are all about.

Norvic;

I was always amazed that I knew much more about the animals and aborigines than most of the Oz people I met on tour...but, that is often true here.

I always want to stop and look and hear and see the land, it is never just about little gold rocks to me. Sadly, this country has so many people visiting the beautiful spots that I simply won't go near them. The last thing I want to do is be on a trail like so many ants...can't stand crowds!

DD, the termite mound was near Halls creek in the Kimberlys...I will add a pic of the Jail tree...

DSC00754 020.jpg

DSC00758 024.jpg