I Miss Oz

fredmason

Trent, my friend (mate) Ray Navara lives in Bodalla NSW...if you see him tell him the Ornery Bastard from California said hello. More to the point, love the pictures! Ray told me stories about standing still and watching the leeches coming for him...not my kind of country.

hers are a couple pics from the Hillend or Sofala area... 

DSC00771 004.jpg

DSC00777 009.jpg

Those green nets are a pain.  They catch the light and fog out your vision badly and if your walking back to camp in the avro they are blinding.  Black nets are the better bet but can be a bit more difficult to find.  However a net is essential to sanity :)

Just like the deserts here in america.. and well anyplace else you camp... shake out your boots if left out doors and well... check your seat in the morning.  My partner seemed to attract alot of friends.  Even had a red back buddying up with him in his bag one morning *no picks of that but you could hear it*. :)  Hahh!

SAM_0378 Resized.jpg

SAM_0379 resized.jpg

just a few more memories....

John and Jenny Fisher in the Northern territory; shorts were Johns usual garb each day.

a bilabong near our camp...I always wondered if the saltys had moved in there...

A 4-5 foot goanna that came to say goodbye at my motel room door in Darwin...I had a very large green frog in my shower in the same room.

03.jpg

07.jpg

01.jpg

On 27/02/2016 at 0:32 AM, fredmason said:

Trent, my friend (mate) Ray Navara lives in Bodalla NSW...if you see him tell him the Ornery Bastard from California said hello. More to the point, love the pictures! Ray told me stories about standing still and watching the leeches coming for him...not my kind of country.

hers are a couple pics from the Hillend or Sofala area... 

DSC00771 004.jpg

DSC00777 009.jpg

I dont know your mate at Bodalla, but do know the area well.  I released a series of prospecting maps for around there that took several months of field work.  Bloody great fishing there too as well as nice gold!

Came across Stinky, or Stumpy as some say the shingle back :)  Another memory.  I've seen them in Victoria and WA.

SAM_0575resize.jpg

SAM_0576resize.jpg

I don't want to wear out my welcome...a couple of pictures of the Olgas which are a few miles from Ayres Rock or Uluru...fantastic sedimentary formations..

the third pic is Uluru from the Ayres Rock Campground...

fred 

09.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Wear out your Welcome?? Ehh.  Gotta take a trip down the middle.... Uluru is on the bucket list of big rocks in hard to reach places I've yet to go.