Fun Hunt With Monster Ring

Compass

I really didn't know what to expect on one recent hunt but I certainly didn't think that I would be finding gold and silver including one of the biggest rings that I have ever found. The hunt started off slow enough with lots of trash and zinc pennies for most of the first 2 hours in the wet sand. Then I started to find a few "real" coins and even a couple of small blackened silver items before being stunned by scooping out a yellow gold diamond ring that was so clean looking that it could have been lost that same day. But I know better and that ring could have been lost years ago, especially, with all the blackened silver nearby.

Not long after finding the gold came another big surprise and I mean BIG! I don't remember anything unusual or special about the target signal but when I kicked it out of the scoop I remember thinking "no way!" There on the sand in front of me was a huge bright purple blob, so richly colored in the sunlight it looked like a plastic part from a child's toy. However, I've seen that color many times before and when I picked the target up it confirmed that it was a huge silver ring! 

The gold ring was not stamped but held the 18k acid. However, I don't think the diamond is real from my preliminary testing. Too bad since it appears to be about a carat. At nearly 30 grams, the silver ring may be the heaviest ring that I have ever found. It is stamped "DIESEL" and "925". 

It turned out to be a fun afternoon at the beach. I haven't detected all that much this year but I have had some memorable and productive hunts like this one. GL&HH!

IMG_20210923_060212.jpg

IMG_20210923_060819.jpg

IMG_20210923_061137.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mike_Hillis said:

That looks like a good day, Kac.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike, Yes, the kind of hunt that makes the long drive home from the beach a lot easier!

3 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

That looks like a good day, Kac.

HH
Mike

Compass gets the credit on those, which they were mine though 🙂

Nice rings, that yellow is really clean! Got to be 14-18k to stay that un-tarnished

24 minutes ago, kac said:

Compass gets the credit on those, which they were mine though 🙂

Nice rings, that yellow is really clean! Got to be 14-18k to stay that un-tarnished

Thanks Kac, That yellow gold did look so clean that I was a bit skeptical but it tests good and weighs 4.5 grams which seems about right for its size. The absence of any markings is a bit odd but I guess it could have been hand-crafted.

Nice hunt with some very nice surprises.

If the ring is 18k you probably do have a real diamond in it, because so many fake diamonds are only in 12 or less.

Good luck on your hunt and good luck on your next one.