** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

47 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Will there be others?

Of course there will be others. Now that you have mentioned it lol.

I think it best to let the journal tell the tale and not try to create suspense. Thanks again for your time and effort. It is a good read.

I posed that question just to see what people thought might happen. I just enjoy the interaction with readers of the journal. Perhaps I made a mistake. 

SEPTEMBER 11   1936

I woke up this morning with an aching head. I was in no mood to work. We all sat around at breakfast and I had two of my starters and began to feel half alive. Jacob said he would take what belongings Whiskey Jack had back into town. As far as his gold was concerned, none of us had any idea where it was hidden. Maybe when we all had the time we would look for it but it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. 

The smoke was getting worse now and we now had to make another plan to mine. It was decided that Will and Jacob would continue as pump tenders and John and me would alternate the digging and camp watch every other day. It meant production would drop. None of us want to stop mining yet so we will continue on as best we can.

Jacob got back mid morning and we all just sat around and talked a while. Eventually we got back to work with John at camp and me up at the pit digging. I needed to do some hard work to clear my head. I adjusted the water flow on the tom to match the amount of gravels I was loading. It was a bit of a hit and miss with a few test pans to make sure things were set up ok. It also felt strange working alone again after all this time. By the end of the day and the weigh was done there was very little gold made for the day. It came to a quarter of an ounce. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

TO BE CONTINUED ....................

14 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Perhaps I made a mistake.

No, it's not a mistake. Just do what you want to do, it's taken you (and us), this far. Everyone always has their own opinions - so when they get their journals, then, and only then, they can do what they want. You are doing just fine.

3 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

No, it's not a mistake. Just do what you want to do, it's taken you (and us), this far. Everyone always has their own opinions - so when they get their journals, then, and only then, they can do what they want. You are doing just fine.

Thanks. I just enjoy the interaction. No worries.

21 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I posed that question just to see what people thought might happen. I just enjoy the interaction with readers of the journal. Perhaps I made a mistake. 

You didn't make a mistake. You are doing great and I for one very much appreciate you telling the tale in your own way.

1 minute ago, Bedrocker said:

You didn't make a mistake. You are doing great and I for one very much appreciate you telling the tale in your own way.

No worries. I've done things my way all my life lol.