Interesting Beach Test, D2 Failing On A Broken Gold Ring

Sandheron

On 2/15/2022 at 7:52 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

Ok...I'm editing myself what I stated and I want to add something on it...

The only way to explain this filter in my mind is this:

considering low frequency, susceptible to emi and high frequency susceptible to ground, the salt sensitivity matches a lower frequency bias on 9 and an higher frequency bias on 1...

A crossed filter...

Feel free to throw rocks on me, but I swear this is the only reasonable way I have to figure it out.😂

Apparently the translation in the user manual is wrong. The English version says :

when using higher levels of SALT SENS, low conductive targets that register around TID 30 may also be slightly attenuated.

The French version says:

By reducing SALT SENS low conductors around TID 30 will also be somewhat attenuated.

15 minutes ago, Sandheron said:

Apparently the translation in the user manual is wrong. The English version says :

when using higher levels of SALT SENS, low conductive targets that register around TID 30 may also be slightly attenuated.

The french version says:

By reducing SALT SENS low conductors around TID 30 will also be somewhat attenuated.

I’m confused.  Which version is correct, the English or French?

7 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I’m confused.  Which version is correct, the English or French?

French is correct.

This is a presumption as the manual was written orginally in French.  I may be completely wrong here. 

I am not good at French but google translation confirms Sandheron's translation. En reduisant is similar to English reducing.

My German is better than my French. I am pretty sure the German manual is also wrong since it uses the word hoehere instead of words like senken, absenken or tiefere in the same sentence.

20 hours ago, Sandheron said:

I'm confusing myself here as well. What are you losing with a high setting?

It's just more chatty with a high salt sens  setting so noise would be a problem analogous to high receive (normal) sensitivity. 

So the tradeoff (per the French translation) is more noise, less mid conductor (30's TID) attenuation for high salt sensitvity vs. lower noise but more mid conductor attenuation for the lower salt sense settings.

The French translation makes more intuitive sense, plus it's XP's native language. So I'm leaning to that being correct.  This is a significant translation issue and more than just a typo that XP needs to address sooner rather than later because it can readily result in user confusion and frustration.  Oops!  Good catch Sandheron!

So I'll try to use it like the general sensitivity...

With the usual common sense to don't exceed over the first noise appearance.

I suppose at level 6 can be already high for me due to the salt concentration in my area...