Movin Up River With Gold Mak

Hello,

I headed back out to the old channel area to move up river some. atleast I think it is upriver. There is old diggings everywhere. So I started at one end and zig zagged everywhere. surprisingly I really never got a patch going. Most the pieces were not even close to each other. Everytime I found one, I stopped and searched the whole area really good. but no patch evolved. so I moved on till the next piece then repeated my technique. nothing but lonely pieces every once in awhile. I had to cross small creeks, fight my way thru thick brush and even jumped a bear. I was a little nervous at jumping the bear because I forgot my 45 pistol at home. when I jumped him it was in a box canyon with steep walls so I had him trapped between the walls and me. luckily he flew up the steep hill like it was flat ground. also saw about 20 lizards today, but so far no rattlers. it was a beautiful day in the woods but very physical.  Luckily the Gold Racer sniffed out some gold and made the day not to bad. Only found 6.53 dwt for all that work. Not sure how much the area will produce. But I will try it again soon. 

19991231_173723.jpg

20160319_101915.jpg

20160319_101921.jpg

20160319_154613.jpg

Sounds like a good time. Nice photos too. Was 33F in n. MI today.

Thanks for the story and the pictures, loved the post.

By the way, is your Gold Racer your main go-to machine right now? If so, would you mind taking a minute to list your reasons? I might need buy another toy, and I'm looking for the proper motivation . . .

All the best,

Lanny

11 hours ago, Lanny said:

Thanks for the story and the pictures, loved the post.

By the way, is your Gold Racer your main go-to machine right now? If so, would you mind taking a minute to list your reasons? I might need buy another toy, and I'm looking for the proper motivation . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Hey Lanny. I like both Gold Racer and Fors plus. I like Gold Racer slightly better mainly because of design. it does sound off a little better on fringe targets aswell. but I will still use the Fors plus alot more too. 

Haha Paul. I'm glad the bear didnt get hungry.  Id hate to have to feed it my only gold racer while I ran. actually it is not uncommon to see bears. I see them or their sign alot. but they do get hungry this time of year. I usually like to go with a partner. so then all I have to do is run faster then them. . lol but in all seriousness never run from a bear.