Testing The XP Deus2 11" - Inland Hunting : Field Tests , Depth Tests Etc

palzynski

3 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

There will always be people who will and won’t like a given test for their own reasons. Same in every forum https://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,184304

I personally like all of Sid's videos....always have. So, it has nothing to do with my own personal reasons.

It's simple. Either Sid is not comfortable enough with the Equinox Gold modes and the Legend Goldfield mode to use them in the video or it was an oversight. Either way it is no big deal.

Another very good UK Youtube creator did a similar thing when he used his ORX in Coin Fast vs Deus ll in Relic mode in a 30 minute wild hunt video. It was a joke basically and many people gave him grief for making the ORX (which many of his viewers had purchased because of his recommendations) look so bad when all he had to do was put the ORX in Gold 1........... He had to do verbal back flips for several weeks and finally just said he was simply using the ORX in the mode he knew and wasn't really doing a comparison........very telling statement. Either one basically knows their detector or they don't. The follow up to that is why is this person making a depth comparison video???????

I just continue to want to see a head to head VCO vs VCO vs VCO video between these detectors if one is interested in overall raw depth. That would teach me and anyone else who wants to know, how to use those modes in real world relic situations and how they stack up.

I can do the Legend vs Equinox VCO comparisons myself......don't have a complete Deus 2 Lite yet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I consider Jeff's "apples vs. oranges" a valid complaint

I understand the complaint, but there’s apples to oranges here in other respects in that the Deus 2 is running a 9” coil vs others with 11” coils. I don’t have a legend, but I do have an equinox, and I just haven’t found gold mode deeper here on high conductive signals no matter how it’s set up. It was surprising to find the Deus 2 was deeper in Gold and Relic. I know Sid did not run the others in Gold for the same reason because I’ve seen him post on it. He’s not found any mode on the Nox deeper than Field in his soil. I don’t know if he’s tested the Legend, and who knows it could surprise us as well. 

Both apples and oranges come in different sizes 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I liked the test, it was good as it did give information, but I'd prefer a real overall depth test, showing which detector is actually deepest.  If a video of the Deus 2 pops up with it's biggest coil of 11' showing it beat the CTX with 17x13" coil in this same sort of mild soils on a half penny like this video I'll buy one the minute I've watched the video as that's what I want and need, the Deus 2 would have to be in a usable configuration of course, not reacting to the ground all over the place even though it's mild ground just to register a hit on the target.

I might be able to conduct this for you to some extent. I have the Deus 2 with 9” coil, and I have the CTX with 11” round and 13”x17”. I just have to get over that hump of getting out there with a GoPro. It has to be done sooner or later because I would like to have a channel for many purposes. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I do have an equinox, and I just haven’t found gold mode deeper here on high conductive signals no matter how it’s set up.

Maybe it's ground (mineralization) dependent.  I've seen a significant difference (and I reported that here a year or so ago).  My soil is moderate (2-3 bars on the Fishers).  Jeff has access to varying mineralized ground and some of his is quite high in Fe3O4.

Someone who understands the Equinox enough to go public (worldwide) ought to know this, IMO.  Maybe his soil is such that Gold mode doesn't do better, but then he should demonstrate that.  But he's not alone with his shortcomings as far as comparison videos go.

I'd appreciate that if you could.   The more information available the better.

36 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Maybe it's ground (mineralization) dependent.  I've seen a significant difference (and I reported that here a year or so ago).  My soil is moderate (2-3 bars on the Fishers).  Jeff has access to varying mineralized ground and some of his is quite high in Fe3O4.

Someone who understands the Equinox enough to go public (worldwide) ought to know this, IMO.  Maybe his soil is such that Gold mode doesn't do better, but then he should demonstrate that.  But he's not alone with his shortcomings as far as comparison videos go.

In thinking a little deeper about it, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised that gold and relic modes would be deeper at times. It’s about as close to all metal as you’re going to get, or am I wrong on that? But I think the object was to get some sort of an ID on the object, and not just a hit. To me it was just surprising that a mode, Deep HC wasn’t deepest on deep HC. The surprise for me is because of the frequency weighting differences in those modes. 

I am just a nobody that sometimes says really stupid stuff. Then I get behind a detector and just see what it can do.

So far, easily the deepest mode in the places I hunt are the Gold modes on the Equinox, especially if they are run with as little discrimination as possible since the Equinox is known for sometimes responding with ferrous responses on really deep targets that are just beyond the edge of detection. 

Sid ran the Equinox on the deepest half penny target in Field 1 (I think) with the iron range rejected so at least half of the possible responses were rejected. Had he used one of the Gold modes in Multi with nothing rejected, I am fairly confident that the Equinox would have had very good VCO audio responses.

I have not done much Goldfield testing with the Legend. It does give the best responses on edge of detection targets in its VCO Goldfield when the other modes struggle from the little experience that I have so far. Considering how well it did on the deepest target using Field mode with the iron range accepted (unlike the Equinox), I have little doubt that it would have had little trouble with that target in VCO Goldfield with no discrimination.

The same has worked on Deus 1 and the ORX with the Gold modes being noticably deeper on borderline targets. Adding SMF to the Deus 2 Gold mode and creating the Relic mode make for what would appear to be two very deep modes and at least in Sid's test, by far the deepest on Deus 2 for that target at that depth. 

• Like 2

Yea, you're right Jeff.  I thought it was odd he had the iron reject enabled on the Nox culling off most of it's responses when he was allowing the iron in on the others and saying they were sounding off better on it.  You could constantly see the Nox blanking out the audio.

I never knew the gold modes on the Nox were deeper, I didn't expect they would be weighted towards the higher frequencies.  I'll have to experiment with that, thanks for pointing it out, your comments are always interesting to me Jeff as you're far more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yea, you're right Jeff.  I thought it was odd he had the iron reject enabled on the Nox culling off most of it's responses when he was allowing the iron in on the others and saying they were sounding off better on it.  You could constantly see the Nox blanking out the audio.

I never knew the gold modes on the Nox were deeper, I didn't expect they would be weighted towards the higher frequencies.  I'll have to experiment with that, thanks for pointing it out, your comments are always interesting to me Jeff as you're far more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

Undiscriminated VCO audio is just going to sound off on any target it can hit with no audio discrimination besides audio intensity based on signal strength. So whether the target is ferrous, coke, a non-ferrous target, or a non-ferrous target that also has ferrous responses, it will all sound mostly the same using VCO audio. If the target is detected well enough it might throw out a decent target ID on Deus 2, the Legend or Equinox. Usually on targets that deep, audio responses are about it other than something like 00/99/-- on Deus 2, 60/1 or-- on the Legend and -9/40/-- on the Equinox.

I don't think for one moment that Sid was being biased in that video. It just seemed pretty unplanned/off the cuff all in one cut and he just went with it without fully thinking it through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1