Took My New Shaft For A Walk And Brought Home A Little Silver

After beta testing Steve's new S-Shaft, I had to send it to the next tester when I was done. I'm perfectly happy with my regular Steve's Rod for my Nox, but I was missing the S-Shaft. There's just something about it that I can't quite put my finger on. So I ordered one from Steve and it arrived yesterday, so I had to take it out today for a test drive of the final production model. Man it's even better than the prototype. With the 10x5" coil, the control is locked in and it just feels like an extension of my arm.

I took it over to a small local 1980s park just to play around. It's very trashy and I was only going to dig really good sounding signals because I was just there for the swing time. There were darn few good signals so I started digging a few that I knew were bottle caps just to verify and a few iffys that were junk. About 30 minutes in, I got a bouncey 18-21 and figured it was a deteriorating zincoln but I just dug it anyway. I opened a small hole only a few inches down and saw a clasp sticking up. I cleared some space around it and began to gently pull on the clasp as a chain slithered to the surface like a small snake uncoiling. It was caked in soft dirt from the melting snow so I figured it was junk and threw it in the pouch. When I got home, I started inspecting the finds and noticed some numbers on the clasp tag... S 925! Well that was certainly a happy accident.

The glasses parts, pull tabs, and kid's play tag were surface items, everything else was dug. Custom Park 1, 50 tones, horseshoe on, FE2=2, RS=5, Sensitivity=18.

S-Shaft-Blue-1.JPEG

Silver-Necklace-3.JPEG

Silver-Necklace-2.JPEG

Very cool. Need to get some measurements over to Steve, see if I can replace the Kruzer's shaft to one of those.

Isn't the base shaft (without coil and control box) only 8.6oz? Incredible!

Nice hunt with the silver showing up for you.

Good luck on your next outing.

Great looking machine, Cap'n. 👍 Personally love taking photos of the detector in the wild 😀 How are you liking the 10x5?

Nice chain, one of the more exotic ones.

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great looking machine, Cap'n. 👍 Personally love taking photos of the detector in the wild 😀 How are you liking the 10x5?

I love the 10x5. It may just be percetion, but I feel like it locks onto good targets with laser like focus and it helps me recognize pull tabs and bottle caps better by sound and shape. I called the three bottle caps I dug yesterday and the two pull tab were on the surface, but they sound exactly the same in the ground. Of course I still get fooled from time to time, but that's part of the fun of the hunt. The 10x5 also can pick out a good target right next to a large metal object like a chainlink fence or metal light pole. It stays mounted 98% of the time and only comes off when I need a bigger coil to cover a huge field. 😎

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I love the 10x5. It may just be percetion, but I feel like it locks onto good targets with laser like focus and it helps me recognize pull tabs and bottle caps better by sound and shape. I called the three bottle caps I dug yesterday and the two pull tab were on the surface, but they sound exactly the same in the ground. Of course I still get fooled from time to time, but that's part of the fun of the hunt. The 10x5 also can pick out a good target right next to a large metal object like a chainlink fence or metal light pole. It stays mounted 98% of the time and only comes off when I need a bigger coil to cover a huge field. 😎

Completely agree with all of the above, and mine is on all the time too. Chase said he's leaving it on one of his 800s.

I'm using it right now in a big field, it's been pulling buttons and relics all day. I really don't notice the coverage difference, just the weight 🙄 😀