Two Days With The Deus 2

Barry Meyers

I’m going to tell everyone in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa to not buy this machine or cancel your order.  I would hold off until they can figure out those loose screws and other major issues. 

Truthfully, this machine is absolutely fantastic and so much fun to use.  I have just been using the Deep HC program, only change I made was 5 tones and I use the XY screen.  Today alone I got: 24 quarters, 36 dimes and 16 pennies ( 1 wheat).  I got fooled 4 times with items I thought would be keepers and weren’t.  The park I was at was completely full of trash but the audio and XY screen are amazing.

I have the ORX and have only had it for a short time and haven’t got to use it much.  So my experience with XP machines is limited but I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and that really helped.  I don’t care what machine you use but I figured I would tell you my experience from someone with very limited exposure to XP products.

Nice report!

Got mine a couple of days ago and my disappointment is immeasurable 😄

I had my first proper hunt yesterday and was extremely impressed. I had hunted that permission three times already with next to no success. Yesterday I found 20 coins (all modern, sadly) and a whole bunch of other stuff that my Vanquish 540 failed to pick up. The Deus is so fast, and the response so detailed, I felt like I was x-raying the ground. I did dig a bunch of nails until I figured out the horseshoe display. After that, the only nails I found were masking coins. 

To be fair, I've never used an Equinox 800, so I can't compare, but I feel my needs are thoroughly met.  

My new D2 will be out for delivery tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll be thoroughly disappointed. In all my other detectors.🤣

5 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Got mine a couple of days ago and my disappointment is immeasurable 😄

I had my first proper hunt yesterday and was extremely impressed. I had hunted that permission three times already with next to no success. Yesterday I found 20 coins (all modern, sadly) and a whole bunch of other stuff that my Vanquish 540 failed to pick up. The Deus is so fast, and the response so detailed, I felt like I was x-raying the ground. I did dig a bunch of nails until I figured out the horseshoe display. After that, the only nails I found were masking coins. 

To be fair, I've never used an Equinox 800, so I can't compare, but I feel my needs are thoroughly met.  

Oh, POOR YOU!! I am disappointed for your bad hunting experience! 🤣 I only hope it gets much worse. Like finding gold coins and such...😂