Tried My First Multifrequency Machine, My New Deus 2

MFF18B

Just got my D2 (11 inch coil) in the mail yesterday and got to take it out today for the first time, for about 1.5 hours.  This is my first MF machine, the closest I’ve used prior to this is my Simplex+ which I really enjoy.  I was worried when I bought the D2, that It would be way too advanced for a complete newbie to MF machines but Ive spent quite a bit of time watching videos and reading the manual.  Anyway, I made a few tweaks to the park program, switched to the XY screen and gave it a go at a local park.  Long story short, I ended up finding 25 pennies, 9 quarters, 3 dimes ( 1 Silver Rosie) and 2 nickels.

From my new guy perspective, I have to say that Im really liking this machine ALOT.  Im not going to touch on all the things that everyone already knows about the quality of it, but I have to say that for me, it seems pretty intuitive to operate.  What I mean by that is, I was expecting the remote to be much more complicated than in reality.  Now, having said that, I still don't completely understand what all the different programs and options do, but its not as daunting as I was expecting.  Additionally, the XY screen really does work very well.  I got fooled a couple times by pop tabs, until I figured out the tone nuance but after that I didn’t dig any more pop tabs.  Im retired from the military and deaf in my left ear, so it is difficult to hear the audio on some machines but I have to admit that what everyone is saying about it being a tone machine, is true.  Using the headphones, I could start to pick up on those subtle tones although I have to say I’m not a big fan of the headphones as they tend to hurt my ears after a little while.  Anyway, just wanted to share and to let folks know that just because you’ve never used a Deus in the past, don't be afraid to give it a try.  

• The title was changed to Tried My First Multifrequency Machine, My New Deus 2

Welcome aboard. Thank you for your service.

I'm just setting up my new Deus 2 and it’s a very nice upgrade to the D1.

The new D2 seems robust and logical to navigate. Best of luck!

20 hours ago, MFF18B said:

Just got my D2 (11 inch coil) in the mail yesterday and got to take it out today for the first time, for about 1.5 hours.  This is my first MF machine, the closest I’ve used prior to this is my Simplex+ which I really enjoy.  I was worried when I bought the D2, that It would be way too advanced for a complete newbie to MF machines but Ive spent quite a bit of time watching videos and reading the manual.  Anyway, I made a few tweaks to the park program, switched to the XY screen and gave it a go at a local park.  Long story short, I ended up finding 25 pennies, 9 quarters, 3 dimes ( 1 Silver Rosie) and 2 nickels.

From my new guy perspective, I have to say that Im really liking this machine ALOT.  Im not going to touch on all the things that everyone already knows about the quality of it, but I have to say that for me, it seems pretty intuitive to operate.  What I mean by that is, I was expecting the remote to be much more complicated than in reality.  Now, having said that, I still don't completely understand what all the different programs and options do, but its not as daunting as I was expecting.  Additionally, the XY screen really does work very well.  I got fooled a couple times by pop tabs, until I figured out the tone nuance but after that I didn’t dig any more pop tabs.  Im retired from the military and deaf in my left ear, so it is difficult to hear the audio on some machines but I have to admit that what everyone is saying about it being a tone machine, is true.  Using the headphones, I could start to pick up on those subtle tones although I have to say I’m not a big fan of the headphones as they tend to hurt my ears after a little while.  Anyway, just wanted to share and to let folks know that just because you’ve never used a Deus in the past, don't be afraid to give it a try.  

So what tone were you hunting in ?

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

So what tone were you hunting in ?

Carolina,

It’s set on 5 tone, Square.