Self Servicing The Fisher Impulse?

3 hours ago, bklein said:

Which of these was the right angle cable on your battery?  That's a nice one.  The Automation Direct ones would work though.

I wonder why the headset connector has so many pins.  Isn't it just really two active ones for the audio?  I'm thinking of trying a APTX LL transmitter setup but wonder if it will hear the whimpers at 16".  Alexandre is recommending I use a better headset.

I have the Koss UR30... is it better?  

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/bulgin/PXPPNP08RAF04ACL015PVC/13548258

You want the 4 pin coding A.. I used Bulgin brand, and I also wrap that fitting before a hunt with silicon tape, I dislike the little M-8's for they are not made for submerged for a extended period time time. Salt water and voltage/current do not do well together over time.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/57/M8_Data_Sheets-2943632.pdf

As far as head phones I'm not sure about the Koss speaker set. For anyone that uses a PI or hunts in all metal with the excalibur and is looking for deep gold, the most important thing is the head set. If your a fresh drop hunter or someone who does not want to dig deep targets the Koss should be fine. For me, I need deep... on the edge of the detecting field targets. For that is where I find my gold, your needs maybe different.

One reason I have the swing air test rig, to make the very best head set for me.  Fine tuning all aspects of your head phones ...work on blocking all ambient noise by making changes to the shells/pads, setting up the audio for your hearing abilities to get the most out of them by using different piezo's and design changes, watching how adjustments on the machine affect the audio,... than testing and learning what to listen for on targets others walk past.

Yes, just two of the 5 pins carry the audio.

The head is not epoxy filled completely. It is serviceable. The manner in which the two half’s of the control head are joined together tend to make people think it is epoxy filled. Good luck everybody and stay warm.