Testing Deus 2 In Relic Mode, Not A Great Day But Ended Well

The closeup of the penny was beautiful .

The new permission sounds awesome !

Will we find out what the mystery object is before you find it ? Staying tuned.......

Dennis DeYoung  produced some good tunes . TommyShaw was his "McCartney"

Kinda lost me for a while with Roboto but some of the best of the 80s no doubt .

39 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Bob, your finds were really good with the 3 war nickels and the rest but that new permission has me really jealous! Lol.   I am eagerly awaiting all the great stuff that’s going to come out of that place!   Oh, and we must be close in age…never saw Styx, but did see Journey and Rush and others in that era.  

I'm 62, my first concert was Aerosmith's first tour in 1975, I was 15. None of my friends' parents would let them go so I went by myself. Always been kinda "out there". 🤣 I think it cost 5 bucks, but I was always working somehow and had my own money. I even managed to catch Stevie Ray Vaughan before his tragic demise. 

Our kids are short changed musically today, there's an undercurrent but being musically proficient probably gets them ostracized now and the drugs are stronger so they're all zombies. 😵 I've seen Journey and Rush a few times myself. Got handed a Stratocaster by Robert Cray at one of his shows! It was a cheap one, somebody stole the good one, and they had to punt. 🤬

Now I'm just a geezer out there swinging a stick, but I have no regrets and didn't damage myself too much, so I guess that's a win. 😀

Yesterday was a crap day, but it was cool to get a new and large unhunted permission. 🙂 I'm hoping this gentleman will relate tales of the history of the place and not mind if I post an edited version. It's more a 1920s thing than anything.

I'm not really sure why I went to see Styx, let alone twice. Maybe I got free tickets. I was always winning radio contests, and had a buddy whose father was a record promoter, he gave us 3d row floor for the Grateful Dead. 🤪

35 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

The closeup of the penny was beautiful .

The new permission sounds awesome !

Will we find out what the mystery object is before you find it ? Staying tuned.......

Dennis DeYoung  produced some good tunes . TommyShaw was his "McCartney"

Kinda lost me for a while with Roboto but some of the best of the 80s no doubt .

Thanks RVP. You and I seem to have similar colorful lifestyles 😀 bet the fireside chat would be interesting. I do think you were more involved. 

One of my many hats is photography, thanks for the compliment. I did weddings up in MA for a few years for a studio, I was one of the first digital photographers. Saved a really expensive one with Photoshop. 500 photos, and she refused to pay because she didn't like one.

I'm really glad I didn't get the metal detecting bug early 🤔 might have had an entirely different life.

I can't say much until some success is achieved. It's quite the Easter Egg. 😀

Happy Easter everyone! I'll be on the beach if ya need me. 😁

Here's the photo for @kacand anyone else interested. Front of the button, and side compared to the IHP to show how fat the button is:20220407_081515.thumb.jpg.c175afbb5c2786c7094dd746c466c060.jpg20220407_081534.thumb.jpg.53ca79345f145c1474bd5535ad364f00.jpg

it's almost the same diameter, and gave the same TID.

3 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Bob, your finds were really good with the 3 war nickels and the rest but that new permission has me really jealous! Lol.   I am eagerly awaiting all the great stuff that’s going to come out of that place!   Oh, and we must be close in age…never saw Styx, but did see Journey and Rush and others in that era.  

First concert Aerosmith 1998 knoxville tn grew up on the classics mentioned here! I'm most likely 20 years or so younger though and branched off to much more aggressive tunes! Lol

9 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

First concert Aerosmith 1998 knoxville tn grew up on the classics mentioned here! I'm most likely 20 years or so younger though and branched off to much more aggressive tunes! Lol

Yeah, my Grateful Dead story belongs in another "forum" 🙄 and TBH my favorite all time band is Extreme, who eclipsed Van Halen for me in the 90s. 😀 Good times, unfortunately history now, although if I did what I did then it would probably kill me.

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I like Relic a lot, the go/no go way it works especially. You get pretty much the same tones for everything, but if you watch the screen for the TID, it's very informative. It has what I consider bugs, the ID doesn't stay long enough, and the audio goes from pretty quiet to full on 85db+ (you do get a warning) from 7 to 8. It will rip your head off. It also seems to go deeper than Deep HC, thanks @palzynski. 👍I have strong eardrums but 8 hours of pounding from this program would be a lot worse than a Styx concert, the loudest band I ever saw. 😀 Twice. 😬

Absolutely, one tone VCO audio like Deus 1 Gold Field, ORX Gold modes, Deus 2 Gold Field and Relic modes and the Equinox Gold modes to name a few that I have endured for days and days gold prospecting, can definitely wear out my hearing and morale sometimes. They get old and I hear an imaginary threshold tone for hours after using them. However, they will hit the deep, heavily masked and smaller targets that other modes on the same detectors won't hit even in mineralized dirt. Some fairly recently released detector's VCO hybrid threshold based all metal modes modes are no deeper than their discrimination modes. That is not the case with XP and Minelab.

I can't wait to read some more of your posts in this topic.

Thanks!!!!! 

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Absolutely, one tone VCO audio like Deus 1 Gold Field, ORX Gold modes, Deus 2 Gold Field and Relic modes and the Equinox Gold modes to name a few that I have endured for days and days gold prospecting, can definitely wear out my hearing and morale sometimes. They get old and I hear an imaginary threshold tone for hours after using them. However, they will hit the deep, heavily masked and smaller targets that other modes on the same detectors won't hit even in mineralized dirt. Some fairly recently released detector's VCO hybrid threshold based all metal modes modes are no deeper than their discrimination modes. That is not the case with XP and Minelab.

I can't wait to read some more of your posts in this topic.

Thanks!!!!! 

Wow, coming from the heavy hitters! 🙂

Thank you Jeff, I am just hacking around and posting noob observations while waiting for Chase's view on the D2. I know for sure he's the kind of person who will not post anything without full research and thought. I may be off base often. I expect and welcome being bashed, that's how I learn.

Consider me a "rural observer" 😀

I'm off to the beach very soon, going to use my Equinox 600 and the Deus 2 on alternate days. That should be very illuminating.

I don't want anyone to think I'm some sort of expert, what I've done here is document my progress from rank amateur to now, which is still basically rank amateur. I'm just a very lucky guy to get some of the permissions I have which can produce some good stuff. The conditions are perfect for that as Chase will attest.

I do have sort of an analytical mind but lack the basics - i.e. older detectors - and a number of them.

It's tough to be relevant here without ruffling feathers, and that's the last thing I want to do. I'm getting good practice. 🙂 I appreciate this group more than anyone might guess.

The only time feathers get ruffled on here is when we start preaching instead of teaching or just giving honest opinions and reports from our own experiences. 

You are just telling your story as it happens which has been a great read. 

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

..... Got handed a Stratocaster by Robert Cray at one of his shows! It was a cheap one, somebody stole the good one, and they had to punt. 🤬

I like Robert Cray , he is a great guitarist and singer . The 1st time I saw him was during an Eric Clapton "Crossroads" festival . I was not at the festival but I do have the 3 Crossroads festivals dvds 🙂 ...  Probably my best music dvds ...