Hunting For Scraps - Deus 2

It rained yesterday, but the wind today dried everything up. My truck is in the shop so I had to do something local, took the golf cart down to the landing.20220427_105140.thumb.jpg.2e04b5ebd7c6f6cde5be03ad149a3b2d.jpg

I recently mowed this area, I dug a few pennies and buffalo nickels here with my Equinox, I was hoping the Deus could sniff out some more with the new V0.7 update. Ran the General program most of the day with a bit lower Reactivity and higher sensitivity. I really expected to find very little, but I was happy with what I got.

It wasn't more than 5 minutes in that I got a 76, and pulled this stick pin out:20220427_202813.thumb.jpg.4b3c35fa2334834da42ddefbfa2f6db2.jpg

Looks like it was gilded and the pin long ago broke off or corroded. It's stamped on top so I guess it's 1900s20220427_202828.thumb.jpg.ccefde0bf747663e61018e5e3fea3518.jpg

The stone is missing, it was probably paste. I'm surprised to find something so thin and brittle that survived.

I didn't find anything for quite a while, thought I had the 30 minute curse, but later I went to a spot I didn't mow that also didn't have much ground poison ivy. I had sprayed my shoes and legs for ticks, so I went on in. Last time I was here I got at least 3 deer tick bites. The nymphs were so small you didn't notice them until it started to itch. 🤬 

Here's the take for the day:20220427_202644.thumb.jpg.87d941096e448cec0d03e69dad1147a3.jpg

Got the pin, a plated flatware piece, a 1919 wheat, an 1887 IHP, and an interesting little medallion.20220427_202800.thumb.jpg.12ff491e5f12ea7b9b9ca714f7a665a4.jpg

It's pretty heavy and appears to be silver plated. Looks like something from ancient Mexico. 🤔 It was the same TID as the IHP. It has a hinge on the back, it was a cover for something or a clasp.

The poison ivy is everywhere here, some of the vines are 2" in diameter, and the ground is covered.20220427_130529.thumb.jpg.d727ebecf41486e78ea61fb51c2f519e.jpg

I'm sure in a couple of days I will have some. 😵

Max trash as well, lots of concertina reeds, shotgun shells and other junk, but after a week at the beach it's good to be back in the old trash. 😀20220427_164050.thumb.jpg.deb700e3413e2b023af5092e576587c6.jpg

V0.7 seems to be a bit better, I like that the ID stays on the screen longer. I'm really liking the PWM tones, they really help analyze an object, but it's gonna be a while.

6 minutes ago, midalake said:

Sounds like you might be itching for a new spot,,,,,🤣

Yeah, that's coming in the next couple of weeks, got a really good new one. Truck air conditioning comes first. 😵 Should be done itching by then 🤣

7 hours ago, Dirtshark said:

Is that a spindel whirl in the trash pic?

Not sure which item you are referring to?

Just now, Dirtshark said:

This bit. 

Screenshot_20220428-074158_Chrome.jpg

Thanks! Not that I know of, it's probably a lock washer of some sort, about the 5th one I've dug. I find lots of Model T Schrader valves here, and a couple of hubcaps like my avatar. 🙂 They brought parts in on the Steamboat, and I think there was a concertina repair shop. 🤣 So far I've found about 50 reeds, they ID as pennies.

The stick pin is cool...I just read that there is a V.71 out now lol. I still have not up dated my machine since I got it but thinking about going for a hunt this weekend so maybe it's time. I hope you don't get the Ivy itch...It's worse than poison oak. 

strick 

4 minutes ago, strick said:

The stick pin is cool...I just read that there is a V.71 out now lol. I still have not up dated my machine since I got it but thinking about going for a hunt this weekend so maybe it's time. I hope you don't get the Ivy itch...It's worse than poison oak. 

strick 

Thanks!

Mine was updated at the store, they put the old Deus 1 sonar and a couple others on it. They were blown away by V0.7. yeah, I'm going to update again, it's not hard and they fixed more stuff. 😀

This wasn't like your last hunt but I dug a couple of cool things. 🙂 This place is pretty wiped out. Hard to believe but true.

That is a pretty good number of what I call interesting junk targets including what does appear to be a parasol slide. I bet there are more nice keepers hiding under that poison ivy. Glad you are having fun with the new detector.