Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Tom I will be looking in to the MXS as soon as Whites has caught up with those folks that are first in line, But over here ( UK ) we are a b it behind the US  so when they have played catch up life will be good, I am also chasing the 808, not that I need it but it makes sense to get it because it completes the picture,

john

My experience, so far, has been very similar to the video (above) by CCH... I'm quite impressed with the capabilities of the updated MX Sport. I think we all sometimes get too hung-up on the MX Sport vs the MXT Pro scenario. I own both and these machines compliment one another, rather than compete against each other... Similar to the CTX and E-Trac.

The MX Sport is designed to be an effective all-terrain hunter. For instance, if want to wade out waist deep in the surf, and still have VDI readout capability, I'm not going for my Excal or my MXT Pro... The MX Sport is simply another arrow in the quiver. 

The whole thing went off the rails with MXT versus MX Sport comparisons. It should be MX Sport versus AT Pro or AT Gold or even CTX. But for some reason every time a person reviews the MX Sport in a positive fashion they seem to have a need to do it by way of saying it is better than the MXT this way or that way. Which does not sit well with rabid MXT fans like John. It does White's no good to simply substitute MX Sport sales for MXT sales. The focus should be on MX Sport versus machines by other manufacturers.

• Like 3

Agreed. The MX Sport vs MXT vs MX5 video was a customer request. The customer ain't always right but we try real hard to make them happy.

I like the MXT's knobs and switches but have come to appreciate the MX Sport's "clean" interface and performance. I'm finding the more time I spend with the MXS the more I like it. I might even trade my V for a keeper, as the one I have now is semi-permanently "on loan" from engineering. But what I like isn't going to be what everyone else likes and I'm ok with that.

IMO it's bad form for one company to put out comparison videos with other brands. We got burned on that before and it was a good lesson. My vote will always be leaving the comparison videos to the consumers. Though a video can never beat a hands-on comparison at a dealer to get a feel for a machine.

We'll keep selling MXT's, they are like the A10 Warthog of metal detectors. The MX Sport is just the next generation.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

every time a person reviews the MX Sport in a positive fashion they seem to have a need to do it by way of saying it is better than the MXT this way or that way. Which does not sit well with rabid MXT fans like John.

I must admit my Bite is worse than my bark, And I do have an Extremely short fuse to say the least :angry:

The MXS will Never be an MXT and the MXT can't Swim, so it has no chance of being an MXS, And what you say is true because it's competitors are made by 2 company's with a first class heritage,

That Video was the first  bout of the 2 being compared to each other and that never sat well with me, But I proved it not to be so and I can live with that,

Whites is always tweaking their products even when they don't put out an update for them, I have that in writing directly from Whites and Like all their products I have no doubts that they will have this one firing on all cylinders within 6 months to a year and they won't just leave it there either, there will be official software up grades and it will just become better and better,

So All Is Good,,  Just don't upset my MXT, you wouldn't like him when he's Angry, He goes all Green :ohmy: :angry:

• Like 1