M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

We dealers were updated to the part #'s and prices yesterday.  We were also told of No Pre Orders and ETA of the accessories.  I'm hoping for Christmas.

• Like 3

already paid for my M8 with found change this season (thanks to having $1 & $2 coins here in Canuckistan). So quit your whining and go dig some quarters, lol. Hopefully they'll be up here by xmas.

So Minelab set a stupidly high price just so they can offer it on "sale" almost immediately.......geniuses working at Minelab.

May as well price it at $658 and then offer the 50% off sale for a limited time.....bargain at $329.

If enough people held off buying then the price would soon drop.

On 8/31/2023 at 12:26 PM, UT Dave said:

Since Tom D. announced that they are released, maybe someone could ask him to announce US pricing and where exactly in the world they have been released to.

I'm in for the M8 whenever I can actually lay hands on one.  But as already mentioned, I ain't holding my breath.

- Dave

Tom is on the testing side, not marketing. 

A fine line between testing and marketing from what I've seen, especially with the Youtubers, one in the same.

11 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

We dealers were updated to the part #'s and prices yesterday.  We were also told of No Pre Orders and ETA of the accessories.  I'm hoping for Christmas.

Am I understanding correctly Minelab have said for dealers not to take pre-orders, in other words take people's money with no product to give? That's great news they're taking that stance.    The dealers doing it were giving Minelab a bad name when they were late to deliver product.

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Am I understanding correctly Minelab have said for dealers not to take pre-orders, in other words take people's money with no product to give? That's great news they're taking that stance.    The dealers doing it were giving Minelab a bad name when they were late to deliver product.

It could have been meant that way Simon, but I read it as Minelab USA and the Distributors were not taking Pre Orders.  I know this.  I have already had customers reach out to me and want to Pre Pay.  I declined, just as I did with the Manticore.  The Equinox roll out mess, taught me a lesson.  To be fair to Minelab USA, I really don't think they have much control over when coils will be sent to them either.  Either way of how we take the "Pre Order" deal, I also think it's wise to not do Pre Orders.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The prices have already been posted, and Gerry, a top Minelab dealer, hopes to have coils by Christmas.

Steve,  I appreciate the kind words and yes at one time I was a top selling dealer. Today, I can't say that, as so many things have changed in the industry and with Minelab.  Top knowledgeable dealer, top ethical dealer, top sales to Veterans dealer, top in the field skilled dealer, top dealer with top Field Staff Experts who train customers, Yes I'll accept all those.  But overall top Minelab dealer?  Not much anymore and or I doubt the future, unless some serious changes are made. But thanks again for being there.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It could have been meant that way Simon, but I read it as Minelab USA and the Distributors were not taking Pre Orders.  I know this.  I have already had customers reach out to me and want to Pre Pay.  I declined, just as I did with the Manticore.  The Equinox roll out mess, taught me a lesson.  To be fair to Minelab USA, I really don't think they have much control over when coils will be sent to them either.  Either way of how we take the "Pre Order" deal, I also think it's wise to not do Pre Orders.

I like the take a list and contact you when they're in stock style in order of list position.  No money down needed as the queue should be ample to cater for anyone that pulls out with the limited stock they seem to supply.  That's how they do it here.

• Like 1