After a good days sniping we have to walk past an apiary to get back to camp, Corey was ahead of us by 20 meters, Brodie and I were walking together, I'd just mentioned how in the past the bees have been well behaved, when Corey got stung. The s... hit the fan in a matter of seconds, I now know what making a bee line means, I saw a line of bees coming straight for my head. We stared running, we were in our wetsuits and and all put our hoods on as we ran unfortunately for me there was three bees in my hair, they stung me, while running top heavy with a back pack and trying to get my hood back off, I tripped on a rock.  A series of increasingly long steps followed, until the inevitable happened and I fell heavily, my partners stopped to pick me up, we had left the bees behind, and with a bit more than my pride bruised I hobbled back to camp. It could of been a lot worse Corey got stung four times and me five, Brodie escaped injury, we had a good laugh about it later, but in hindsight it could have got nasty really quick. Here's some pictures of the weekend, sorry I can't post any photos that may give away the location, I'll post them when we finish in the area.

DSCF1123.JPG

DSCF1121.JPG

DSCF1119.JPG

DSCF1103.JPG

DSCF1105.JPG

DSCF1111.JPG

Now that is looking for a great return on the bee stings. Looks like you are in a great location and on the gold.

Hope you take a detour on the next trip past them. Just remember that smoke will make them calm most of the time.

Good luck on your hunt and wish you will find a few ounces for all your trouble.

• 4 weeks later...