Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

I have had great luck with several Quest Detectors. Hyper Speed processor. Using multiple frequencies (80+). Will give it a look see when it becomes available.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I have had great luck with several Quest Detectors. Hyper Speed processor. Using multiple frequencies (80+). Will give it a look see when it becomes available.

I have tested the X5 and Q30+  .  The X5 is the perfect machine for a beginner , I like this detector . The Q30+ is more sophisticated with wireless headphones . Both detectors are fast and reactive , easy to use , Quest knows how to make detectors  ...

Curious to see their new models . They will have to be very performing because of the competition , ML , XP , Nokta etc...

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

That's really interesting, George.  So is the price point.  

Seems like everybody except First Texas is getting into MF.  

I gave up on them long ago.

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

I have tested the X5 and Q30+  .  The X5 is the perfect machine for a beginner , I like this detector . The Q30+ is more sophisticated with wireless headphones . Both detectors are fast and reactive , easy to use , Quest knows how to make detectors  ...

Curious to see their new models . They will have to be very performing because of the competition , ML , XP , Nokta ...

I have the X10 for friends and the Q30+. It's a great detector in my book, At a very low price point.

3 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

George - this source says HyperQ (that's original) can transmit from 7khz up to above 80khz, but not 80+ multiple simultaneous frequencies.  It does say it will transmit 5,10,15, 20, 40, and 60 khz simultaneously (where's the 80 khz?).  It also seems they are contradicting themselves a la Minelab's Nox marketing information error on MultiIQ by conflating the multiple individual selectable single frequencies with the HyperQ SMF frequency range, as metal detector designers know that trying to blast 6 frequency waveforms into the ground simultaneously is not necessarily a good SMF implementation.  All the other usual suspects and features are here - that's a good thing - as well as reasonable price points.   Sounds like the Quest "Hype" machine is going full blast. 

All that all being said, I have liked the quality of my Quest accessories and am interested to see what the V60/80 actually bring to the table and like that another manufacturer has entered the simultaneous multi-frequency detector fray (good for competition).

All that matters is frequencies received and how they are processed. Anything else is marketing garbage. That said, Quest has actually been making very solid performing detectors at very good prices for some time now. These will be well worth a look.

The big thing is the clock! :smile: But seriously, just more confirmation that multi really is taking over. People gave Minelab a ton of grief over the SF is obsolete thing, but they were more right than wrong about that.  Any single frequency now is just rehashing stuff already done dozens of times over. All the real engineering dollars from here on out will be going to improved multi/hybrid detectors.

It may be about time for a dedicated Quest Forum. They just like Nokta are passing Fisher up and leaving them for dead.

Edit - OK, done, welcome to the new Quest Metal Detector Forum!