Renting A Caravan Or Motorcoach For Queensland???

BB..... Nah, not quite all of us are over there, I`m staying here to turn the lights out. But if you didn`t leave that lovely yellow stuff laying around everywhere we`d stay home.:ph34r: But BBs on the money again, WA has more & easier yellow country, prospector friendlier laws and of course plenty of us top OZ Banana Benders to lead you astray. The gearbox doesn`t need work once your aware, tis easy to work around, certainly not gone as far as bumping into solids. So that just leaves the brakes & rego.

Do you have disc brakes on that model ??? 1986 Toyota _________ (Land Cruiser???)

IS there a local place to turn the rotors and/or drums proper?

I think we should go ahead and do the tranny up right while we are at it---- that way we could get the seals and plugs put in.

Crikey is right, the way I work it may have to get an extended work hardship visa!!!

Depends on how much yella is in the area.....lol  :wink:---- it could take years to fix...... hhahahaa

How often do they check on immigration papers there in WA , BB?????

Yep, Discs on front, drum on rear Toyota Land Cruiser Troop Carrier. The 2H diesel whilst you can`t kill em, are lazy donks, ie. can`t pull your hat of your head. Not for people who like to travel in a hurry especially uphill etc. Yes, can get drums & rotors machined 1/2 hour away, no drama.

We`ll be able to nick down to Hinchinbrook fishing hut (5 hours away) for a few days when tides are right and get you onto a barra with a bit of luck. Lots of tourist destinations in NQ, some just a day trip away eg Chillagoe Caves 1 1/2 hours away. About a 6-7 hour drive to JPs country, couple of days plus to BBs, tis a big Island. GHs just down road a wee bit.

Wow, Sounds like a good central location for me to start out next year.....

I think we will have fun messing around since I will have more time this go around.

Starting Tuesday saving all my extra cash for this adventure i should have 6 months worth of checks to spend down.... as far as I'm concerned its only good for the next adventure..... lol

I was looking in to the nursing jobs in WA too.... they need a LOT of nurses over there....

I don't get it, i thought ALL nurse liked to prospect...lol

Those jobs should be primo for the traveling nurse gang down there-- maybe they cant take all the morning activities before brekkie---(or is that just in NT :tongue:)

Because I`m also refired I look forward to showing off my bit of OZ, we have the time and the inclination, no only NT have a strict initiation rite, here in NQ ours is a wee more relaxed, but I wont give it away , surprise you once your here.................

Only kidding, just be relaxed and enjoy tis all. Crikey I`ll be surrounded by Nurses, my daughters a nurse, my daughter in laws a nurse, not to worry after being a grease monkey under the Troopie for a bit, you wont look much like a nurse.:biggrin:

Paul,

They do import nurses from many countries and if you have a sponsor it is a stay of a couple of years.

I've heard on a short visa they want you to leave on time ... not a minute late.

Mitchel

Yeah tis true, if you don`t obey the visa rules, the authorities make it very difficult to come back again, but I don`t think you`d have a problem as a Nurse getting a work visa, especially as you come from the US. But as I`ve had bugger-all experience on this matter, a check out on the OZ govt visa website would soon sort this out.

Ya got a good set of teeth?????????????:rolleyes: Bloody rules & regulations!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Yeah tis true, if you don`t obey the visa rules, the authorities make it very difficult to come back again, but I don`t think you`d have a problem as a Nurse getting a work visa, especially as you come from the US. But as I`ve had bugger-all experience on this matter, a check out on the OZ govt visa website would soon sort this out.

Ya got a good set of teeth?????????????:rolleyes: Bloody rules & regulations!!!!!!

Heck yes.....6000.00 worth

• 2 months later...

Well, i am spoiled!

I cant scare up any more gold since i have been working here in Norcal---- found one little dink --

i have seen some wonderful scenery tho--so it's all good...

Can't wait to get back and see you Vic, JP,  Goldhounds, and even BB if he's up for it.... I am also looking into the nursing in western AU