Got To Look At The Equinox 900 And Manticore

I’m up visiting my old shop in Alaska. We are doing a massive expansion of the mining department into its own building. The idea is to create a mining and metal detecting superstore. Anyway, they have the 900 and Manticore in stock. Some might find it funny but getting one just to get the new handgrip instead of the round post my Equinox 800 offers almost seemed reason enough to take one home. Kind of doubt I will though as I’m a bit over it all at the moment, but I’m here a couple more days so have time to think about it. The new shop is shaping up nice, tons of new toys including mini excavators. I’ll take some photos of the new store today and post later.

73301AD9-A171-4710-A8A3-174324ADB8C3.jpeg

3 hours ago, dave_e said:

Looking forward to it.

Alaska is a dream trip of mine.

Same here on both accounts!

Last detector club I was in some guys went to Gaines Creek, one guy got a nugget the size of a potato!  I've always wanted to detect there, even if it's just with the Equinox or Manticore, at least I know I'd have a chance to find something...maybe 🙂

I wouldn’t be able to resist going all in on the Manticore. I will eventually. I’ve even thought of trading my Deus II for one, but I’m holding off for tax return time. 

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Same here on both accounts!

Last detector club I was in some guys went to Gaines Creek, one guy got a nugget the size of a potato!  I've always wanted to detect there, even if it's just with the Equinox or Manticore, at least I know I'd have a chance to find something...maybe 🙂

Actually Equinox or Manticore with 15x12 coil would be the perfect detector in Alaska for places like Ganes Creek. Low mineralization and few hot rocks plus large gold nuggets and literally tons of ferrous garbage = top performing VLFs with larger coils. Back in the day the MXT was a top performer. If I was headed to Ganes tomorrow one of the machines above would be my choice.

Already checked in online for my flight with no bags. So have officially passed on the GPZ7000, GPX6000, Manticore, and Equinox 900. All have been on my mind for various reasons. But I’m taking my own advice on not being diverted by the latest toys or specials, and am going to continue using what I have for now. :smile: