Low And Slow In Yuma

4 hours ago, Condor said:

Hey Paul,

With your surgery back repairs I think there would be a place for you.  Someone I might be able to outrun if that mountain lion gets after us.  Seriously though, come join us anytime.  We have a good group in the winter down here in Yuma by the Sea.

WRONG PAUL,,,BUT I WILL STILL BEG IN...LOL

Wow that's a nice specimen. I dug a lot smaller specimen like that down in some hard packed red clay a few months ago. Was just a very faint little warble in the threshold and it was out in the open too only a few inches down. I'm sure lots of guys had walked right past it. Gotta have a 7000 and some skill to find nuggets like that!

16 hours ago, Condor said:

Steve H. coined the phrase last year.  Basically, Sens at 20, Smoothing off, HY, Normal.  Sometimes I run the threshold up in the low 30's but it's a noisy bugger.  My last 2 outings I have been running threshold at 5  and up the volume.  Make sure you lower the Volume limiter or you'll blow your ears out on trash.  You have to go really slow because the machine is still pretty noisy.   If you have hot ground or a lot of hot rocks it will drive you crazy.  It's not for everyone and I use it about 70 percent of the time. 

Nice gold! Have you tried High Smoothing with that set-up? I think it would work quite well. Threshold 27

1 hour ago, PhaseTech said:

Nice gold! Have you tried High Smoothing with that set-up? I think it would work quite well. Threshold 27

I often use low Smoothing to even out some of the jitteryness of the threshold.  I haven't really tried the High Smoothing.  JP's early advice on avoiding the Smoothing has stuck with me.  I remember Lunk reporting he has had good success applying High Smoothing in certain situations.

Am I reading that right?  0.83 gram nugget at 14"?  That is impressive.  I seriously doubt any other machine would have found that.  Congrats!

33 minutes ago, N7XW said:

Am I reading that right?  0.83 gram nugget at 14"?  That is impressive.  I seriously doubt any other machine would have found that.  Congrats!

No, the 15 gram specimen at 14".

Steve,

Maybe the secret is to only hunt 1-2 hours a day?

WTG ...

Mitchel

17 hours ago, Condor said:

No, the 15 gram specimen at 14".

Still an impressive find!