Minelab Pro Pinpointer 35

3 hours ago, jasong said:

Where do you buy these? Only place I see them in stock is Ali Express and it won't ship to my address in any of the listings. The rest are like Russian stores or something where I'm not sure they'd ship to the US either but I can't really tell if they are legit or not either. 

I was lucky and one of the X-coils guys were kind enough to acquire it for me and send it over to me, it's on it's way at the moment, that way I don't have to try buy it from some foreign store that may never ship it.

I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think of it.

I always turn my Pro-Find on at full sensitivity with the tip touching the ground and wait for the final beep. If it’s chattering I’ll back it off a click. Those steps coupled with a true 9v battery have solved 99% of stability issues. However, I have no doubt that some of these units were manufactured out of spec and will need to be replaced under warranty.

I tried two Propointer 35's and sent both back as defective. I assumed Minelab had some kind of design flaw in them that would be fixed eventually but I didn't want to wait around to find out when the Garrett Carrot just worked. 

Simon if you test the Sphinx, will you see if it interferes with the GPZ when it's off? That's the only thing I don't like about my Carrot, got to keep it mounted at my shoulder or behind my back (using bigger coils anyways) otherwise I can hear it on every backswing, faint, but enough to drive me crazy since I try to eliminate as much noise as possible. 

Yes, the Pro-Find runs stable in low sensitivity, and won't do the falsing in the air, but then it's not good enough performance to make it worth using when I can run my Carrot and XP Mi-4 maxed out on their sensitivity and get better depth/sensitivity.   My Carrot NEVER falses, if it makes a beep there is metal there.

I'll be sure to test it out with the GPZ as the main reason I wanted it was for prospecting, as you can see in the videos with the gold chains its more sensitive than the other pinpointers and this is meant to carry over to small gold nuggets too.  I hope it's true. 🙂

18 hours ago, jasong said:

Where do you buy these? Only place I see them in stock is Ali Express and it won't ship to my address in any of the listings. The rest are like Russian stores or something where I'm not sure they'd ship to the US either but I can't really tell if they are legit or not either. 

Write info@Sphinx-md.ru

the Omnitron website is in Poland.   Has anyone purchased from them?   If I can get a Sphinx 3 from them, I may give it a shot. There is a paypal payment option which should be secure.

They only list a Sphinx 2 on the website for  729 z.

Isn't there an embargo on Russian products? I suspect you cant buy direct from Russia due to payment issues anyway. Source from Kazakh, Poland etc most likely.

Theres a Minelab Pro Find 40 available now.....hopefully they have solved most of the issues...

On 7/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, jasong said:

That's the only thing I don't like about my Carrot, got to keep it mounted at my shoulder or behind my back (using bigger coils anyways) otherwise I can hear it on every backswing, faint, but enough to drive me crazy since I try to eliminate as much noise as possible.

Interference is caused by the internal pinpointer tuned coil. It can be eliminated by shielding it with an aluminum foil lined holster. 

Wrap the lower half of the pinpointer with a layer of aluminum foil. Then wrap the aluminum foil with tape to hold it in place. Then glue it inside of the belt holster that came with the pinpointer. Be aware that the aluminum foil shielded holster may be detected when detecting high on the adjacent side of a gully.

This worked for years with my Garret pinpointer and GPX 5000.

Some of the newer pinpointers have circuity that disconnects the coil when turned off which prevents them from being a problem except at close range.