Beach Hunt 2023 Has Started

17 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Man, back in stride! You sure needed this after the last hunt.

I like the Philippines coin, not necessarily rare but not one you see often, I didn't know it existed 😅

Guess you should hit this beach until you can't 🏆

Thanks. I was very happy to get some results again from that section. The Philippine coin threw me for a while because it's smaller than a dime. I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it was silver. I definitely will be back next time out. 

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

And you worried you couldn't beat my hemostats ?  🤣       Just the spoons beat that thing , on usefulness alone.. 

Every time you start to hunt , the beach finds get nervous 🥸

Come on, hemostats are hard to beat 🤔 Spoons are a dime a dozen. 😄. I'm getting nervous, that about 1/3 of that beach has been detected to the clay layer by me. 😨. Eventually, I will need a pretty big storm to rip enough sand from the lower sections of the beach for me to get into that kind of groove again. It seems 1/2 of the beach gets slammed, while the other half doesn't see the same damage for some reason. I need a spy that lives close to the beach to let me know when the time is right 😏

• Like 3

THAT would be useful !  

There's a beach cam on the bigger ones here but some people live at a beach. 

There's the best answer!  An Airstream on the beach like Willis had in DieHard.

• Like 1

Beach hunt # 29 was again at my favorite beach. The plan was to go over the area I did well at last week with the 5000, but this time with the AQ. I should be able to get some more low conductors, especially nickels. Again, it’s a very tricky sand composition with black/purple sand and a clay layer from 1” to 8”, varying as you move. It has some deep little holes and caverns, created due to how the clay settled or eroded. Nice little areas to trap coins and small targets. Now previously I ran the AQ after the 5000 and did very well on an adjacent section. This time, I could not get either machine to settle down. I lifted the coil up to get away from direct contact with the sand…. No luck. I lowered sensitivity to 8 on the 5000…. No luck. Same for the AQ, sensitivity 2 all frequency delays, ATS settings, all metal – Volcanic…. No go. It would either false a wide signal, or worse a nice, tight, repeatable signal that disappeared when you got down about 4”. I could not figure out what had changed. It's the same area, unaltered from the previous week. I did my best and finally as the hunt progressed, things settled down with the 5000. Eventually I figured out that all the recent rain had saturated this sand thoroughly. It did not have time to dry off enough to allow for detecting. So, the hunt was mostly uneventful, with just a Buffalo nickel and one silver Roosevelt dime. Some cool odd finds included a lead circle with strange symbols that can be broken off. Voodoo I think !!!  😲 A nice older design key, a small brass item I can’t ID, and a surface find of what appears to be a small air pump for starting a fire. Works great actually. I’m assuming the UN is either an old school clickbait, or maybe a product that the UN lists as a survival tool. Other than dealing with people that want to talk to you for hours, 🙄 it was a pretty nice day to be at the beach. 😄

20240329_103551.jpg

20240329_104753.jpg

20240329_104947.jpg

• Like 3

Super finds - Congratulations! I am brand new to the thread, and just wondering why you are using Pulse Induction when you have the premier SMF detector the Manticore. Please forgive my ignorance on this one. I used the Tesoro Sand Shark for years, but hesitated to take my GPX to the beach, fearing the salt air corrosion. - Terry

jones72311c.jpg

• Like 1

That UN blower bulb had a hollow stem with a brush on the end, it's made so you can wipe dust and blow it away at the same time by squeezing the bulb.

Here's a photo of a complete UN Blower Brush.

image.thumb.png.90014f993d681e7cf4bdd6b0100906a1.png

• Like 3

Great hunt, looks like you're getting back to typical now 🤔 🥲

Ok, I didn't know what your going to do after this, but the thing you asked about is indeed lead, it's a Shamans' medallion. 😬

I already dug an Indian artifact that may have changed the rain to the work days, but that thing may put it back on the weekend! Yikes! 😬😬

https://www.shamansmarket.com/products/lead-amulet-figures-pagos-de-plomo

so102-condor_02_1100x.thumb.jpg.0dc72d703d3a2defb80fbfa1a7d3f201.jpg

Apparently they have different configurations, but the central figure from yours is missing. 😬

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

7 hours ago, MD4V.org said:

Super finds - Congratulations! I am brand new to the thread, and just wondering why you are using Pulse Induction when you have the premier SMF detector the Manticore. Please forgive my ignorance on this one. I used the Tesoro Sand Shark for years, but hesitated to take my GPX to the beach, fearing the salt air corrosion. - Terry

jones72311c.jpg

I use a pulse machine on my New England coastal beaches because of the black sand. The Manticore is a good machine for most conditions, but where I hunt the depth is greatly reduced. Also the numbers tend to go negative (for non ferrous targets) in certain sands. I always worried about ruining the GPX from using it at a beach, but after many partial seasons of hunting, it still works. I do have to mention that you do have to use a good electronics spray on the knobs and toggle switches to keep them from seizing up, but so far the electronics are surviving well. If you get a chance to see the circuit board of a GPX, you will notice it is cover in a tough white coating. I think that helps a lot. I need depth and a pulse in tough conditions gives me the best depth over VLF/ Multi machines.

4 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

That UN blower bulb had a hollow stem with a brush on the end, it's made so you can wipe dust and blow it away at the same time by squeezing the bulb.

Here's a photo of a complete UN Blower Brush.

image.thumb.png.90014f993d681e7cf4bdd6b0100906a1.png

😄 Well that's a far cry from what I thought it was 😏. Thanks for finding that. I would have never guessed that. I think I'm still going to try and light a fire with it. It really does put out a lot of air for such a small bulb. One of the oddest plastic things I've found detecting.

41 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Great hunt, looks like you're getting back to typical now 🤔 🥲

Ok, I didn't know what your going to do after this, but the thing you asked about is indeed lead, it's a Shamans' medallion. 😬

I already dug an Indian artifact that may have changed the rain to the work days, but that thing may put it back on the weekend! Yikes! 😬😬

https://www.shamansmarket.com/products/lead-amulet-figures-pagos-de-plomo

so102-condor_02_1100x.thumb.jpg.0dc72d703d3a2defb80fbfa1a7d3f201.jpg

Apparently they have different configurations, but the central figure from yours is missing. 😬

I don't like typical 😅. I like unbelievable better 😄 Yeah back to normal. I think that was the beaches way of saying "enough is enough - go somewhere else for a while".   Shamans' medallion. 😲😲😲. Ah... it's missing the center part, so it was already cashed in 😶. Thanks for finding that, I figured it was older than it appears to be. Besides how much magic can you get for $6.00? 🤭 By the way, watch out for the asteroid that I conjured up that is scheduled to hit your area this weekend....Sorry about that. 😖

• Like 4

The UN Blower brush was made to clean camera lens, etc., they are made by a company in Japan who first started making them in 1958, the brush attachment can be remove and use the blub as just a blower for whatever needs blowing, so you can very well use it for starting a fire I guess!!

They also made other shapes, attachments and even some of different colors as well.

image.thumb.png.3cee06bc02caa5ae555458dd1e7b9992.png

image.thumb.png.cbb2b8b64e092df7dd7619c4a9b303ee.png

image.thumb.png.b31a41daf2538675f2eff64a4660c46b.png

Even have this one with Zodiac signs.

image.png.702a923cd5ce63ccef13fd5828591cd0.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sohN  

As always you're making my typical look unbelievably bad.🥸 LOL 

And speakin' of bad.

That lead thing looks like bad ju ju to me , I'd return it to where I found it😯 , and  in an extra deep hole.

(Maybe try it as a lucky fishing weight first just to make sure ?) 🤩

And YES the white coating on the circuit board makes a huge difference in board corrosion in marine/harsh environments. 

Welcome to the forum Terry.   That pic is hard core !                                                                                        If you search for other sohN 's posts I think you'll  see ALL of what that Pi finds for him on those beaches !

We're getting used to it here but you might need a warning before viewing....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The UN Blower brush was made to clean camera lens, etc., they are made by a company in Japan who first started making them in 1958, the brush attachment can be remove and use the blub as just a blower for whatever needs blowing, so you can very well use it for starting a fire I guess!!

They also made other shapes, attachments and even some of different colors as well.

image.thumb.png.3cee06bc02caa5ae555458dd1e7b9992.png

image.thumb.png.cbb2b8b64e092df7dd7619c4a9b303ee.png

image.thumb.png.b31a41daf2538675f2eff64a4660c46b.png

Even have this one with Zodiac signs.

image.png.702a923cd5ce63ccef13fd5828591cd0.png

image.png

Well at least one person in America had one 😄. I can't imagine the need to make many varieties of them based on sales. Maybe I'm just too young to remember them, or too poor to have a camera expensive enough for me to get one. 🙄 My Square Shooter 2 did not come with one in the box. 😏

10 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

sohN  

As always you're making my typical look unbelievably bad.🥸 LOL 

And speakin' of bad.

That lead thing looks like bad ju ju to me , I'd return it to where I found it😯 , and  in an extra deep hole.

(Maybe try it as a lucky fishing weight first just to make sure ?) 🤩

And YES the white coating on the circuit board makes a huge difference in board corrosion in marine/harsh environments. 

Welcome to the forum Terry.   That pic is hard core !                                                                                        If you search for other sohN 's posts I think you'll  see ALL of what that Pi finds for him on those beaches !

We're getting used to it here but you might need a warning before viewing....

One silver and I make you look bad??? 🤔 I thought you would be scolding me for not getting more. 😅 The lead amulet is harmless, the center piece is gone. Now if I disappear, I'll admit I was wrong. 😵 Terry should refrain from viewing some of my posts or risk seeing the ugly truth of the land part of the beach. But on the flip side, see how much us pulse guys help the water guys by removing all that trash before it gets into their territory. That way they can just find gold ring all day long 😍

• Like 1