Knee Pads

1 hour ago, CalReg said:

I have used gel knee pads that I bought off of Amazon (I think the brand is NoCry). Cost me about $25. I only use one for my left knee and it has served me well for over 3 years. Definitely keeps the knee protected and the gel padding is surprisingly comfortable and can definitely extend your hunting time! Whatever brand you decide on, I highly recommend you get one!

I have used almost every knee pad Home Depot carries including the gel knee pad. For me, the Knee Pro hard shell beat them all.

Literally every knee pad I have used except Knee Pro binds me in the back of the knee.  I will say this regardless of what knee pads you use or like make sure they have a hard exterior.  I fell wearing the Knee Pros and my knee came down on the sharp edge of a quartz boulder, and the gash it put in those plastic knee coverings could have been my knee, and it would have been really bad.

So remember these things we wear are not just comfort items they are safety items too.

Doc

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have used almost every knee pad Home Depot carries including the gel knee pad. For me, the Knee Pro hard shell beat them all.

Literally every knee pad I have used except Knee Pro binds me in the back of the knee.  I will say this regardless of what knee pads you use or like make sure they have a hard exterior.  I fell wearing the Knee Pros and my knee came down on the sharp edge of a quartz boulder, and the gash it put in those plastic knee coverings could have been my knee, and it would have been really bad.

So remember these things we wear are not just comfort items they are safety items too.

Doc

The selling point for me on the knee pros that you sell is that they never slip and stay where they belong Always!Every other brand that I have used over many decades for construction work detecting and bottle digging have driven me batshit crazy because I was constantly having to fight the slippage.The hunting pants that I pictured in my previous post are very adequate for most of my endeavors but in some cases more protection is warranted hence my purchase of the hard-shells.

Agree with everything @Doc and @Doc Bach stated on the Knee Pros, sure nice to be able to get down on your knees to dig a target and not have to worry about something going into your knees or when you are walking and your knee pads dropping down to your ankles all the time, I have the same ones @Doc Sales, best knee pads I have ever used for sure, one of the top selling features for me is the fact they are hinged which works great.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

The selling point for me on the knee pros that you sell is that they never slip and stay where they belong Always!Every other brand that I have used over many decades for construction work detecting and bottle digging have driven me batshit crazy because I was constantly having to fight the slippage. The hunting pants that I pictured in my previous post are very adequate for most of my endeavors but in some cases more protection is warranted hence my purchase of the hard-shells.

You're absolutely spot on.  The Knee Pro's never move.  I think it's because they are jointed??  So that is my number one reason for loving them.  They are no hassle, very comfortable and you put them on and forget about them.  The second thing I love is that they come up high in front of your knee so when you are kneeling down digging in the dirt the upper part of the jointed plastic keeps dirt from jumping over the top of the knee pad and getting between the padding and your knee.

Doc

Knee Pads - Doc endorsed! "Best Knee Pads I have ever used!" - Doc's Place (docsdetecting.com)

2018-04-1214_30_03.thumb.jpg.b47c96b39fb4ab4bb61c92e9be9ed75a.jpg2017-11-1715_37_31.thumb.jpg.2a1bb5ec3b213aab7df6f265e2ac21ae.jpgDSCF1480.thumb.JPG.3fc3ff5d1971547cdb4ced2986ad2167.JPG

• Like 3

My new forty something girlfriend and just learning to detect partner asked me for a pair of this brand of kneepads for Christmas.Happy days!

D1C4B356-24E5-4F08-96A7-4480B9494906_4_5005_c.jpeg.386979778b03517993c1666ca3e4a48d.jpeg

• Haha 3

If you really want comfortable knee pads with super protection look to sports that rely on them, rollerblading/skateboarding knee pads are super comfortable and designed for high impact from large falls on 10+ foot ramps landing directly on your knees from heights like a tumble from the top of the ramp directly onto your knees in the bottom of the ramp. 

There are heaps of designs, I'd go into a skateboarding shop and try a few on if it were me.

Some ideas of designs of pads here REKD Energy Patrol Ramp Knee pads - Skates | SkatePro

I always like these Roces ones, as I'm now retired from skating my mum ended up using them as Gardening knee pads.  You can jump in the air and land on your knees on concrete all day long, the plastic will never break.  I'd be taking them back off my mum for detecting use if I could, but she just loves them.  Plenty of high impact stacks and still going strong 20 years later.

roces2.jpg.fa77d0db36c64e668345b6f4b84a41c6.jpg

And as they're designed for being worn all day long, they're very comfortable and obviously they're very good for flexing like bending down digging as they're designed for ramp use where you can't have anything hinder your ability to bend your knees or you'd end up stacking all the time 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

My new forty something girlfriend and just learning to detect partner asked me for a pair of this brand of kneepads for Christmas.

Nah, I told my girlfriend that there is plenty of carpet in the bedroom. She then explained that was the reason she wanted the pads. I'm bad so I guess she gets the knee pads.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

If you really want comfortable knee pads with super protection look to sports that rely on them, rollerblading/skateboarding knee pads are super comfortable and designed for high impact

I wasn't thinking along those lines and I believe that you are right.

I really like this style of knee pads as when on your knees and digging, dirt and stones do not get between your pads and knees due to the pads extending above the plastic pads. 

Knee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For Construction Tiling Gardening Flooring install Extra Gel and Cushion Support
Knee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For Construction Tiling Gardening Flooring install Extra Gel and Cushion Support Long Kneeling Anti-Slip Stretchable Thigh Straps Bonus:Safety Glasses & GlovesKnee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For…
-23%$29.99$29.99List: $38.99$38.99($6.00/Item)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MSC said:

I really like this style of knee pads as when on your knees and digging, dirt and stones do not get between your pads and knees due to the pads extending above the plastic pads. 

Knee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For Construction Tiling Gardening Flooring install Extra Gel and Cushion Support
Knee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For Construction Tiling Gardening Flooring install Extra Gel and Cushion Support Long Kneeling Anti-Slip Stretchable Thigh Straps Bonus:Safety Glasses & GlovesKnee Pads For Men Work Heavy Duty Pad Design For…
-23%$29.99$29.99List: $38.99$38.99($6.00/Item)

Those are nice!  Good price too.

Doc