12 Rings - 1 Monster Platinum Ring

Interesting story to read, i have never found platinum yet, I'm not even sure if I found gold, I have a small chain that appears to be gold that weighs 2.75g, rings 11 on the legend, but my friend thinks its just gold filled, I didnt know what gold filled was, when I found out I thought what a cruel trick lol

Found lots of silver though, multiple rings, charms and even a anklet and a couple dimes

Ive only had a detector since April, so I'm still fairly new

Its coming up to our winter here, ground will be frozen, I'll have to revert back to my other treasure hunting hobby, coin roll hunting, its fun for me too

That one amazing haul and story! Tides can make or break a hunt here also. Here beaches that once ran out a few hundred feet have washed away throwing many hunters off thinking the treasure lies where the beach is now.. 

Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on all those nice finds!   I have to agree, that platinum sure is a ripper and what a great find for your first one!! 

• 4 weeks later...

An update on the ring. I took it to the local jeweller and they polished it up for $60aud. Came up great! Lost 0.2g of weight but I’m guessing they had to mill it to remove the deep scratches. IMG_9484.thumb.jpeg.86e17d61b1190e81ec53bf24484c7cbb.jpegIMG_9485.thumb.jpeg.83a28a1899d3ad0fe5d409ed68591681.jpeg