Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer

i also beta tested the nokta nana

my findings in hot az soil were the same  great  pin pointer  great job nokta..

visible menu made it ez to change settings

p.s i also found it sensitive to small gold nuggets probably due to its 20 kh operating frequency 

its a keeper

• Like 3

On 10/13/2023 at 2:45 PM, Digalicious said:

Hopefully Nokta used a very scratch resistant screen. Although, the first thing I would do is put a screen protector on it, and replace it as necessary.

Yeah, that was my first concern, as well. It's an excellent feature -- being able to see the pinpointer's actual status, settings, charge, etc. -- but doesn't mean much if the screen can't hold up to substantial abuse. I'll be curious to see how these hold up over time in real world conditions.

As for the screen protector idea, I wonder how long a screen protector would hold up under typical pinpointer conditions?

• Like 2

I was able to hold and mess around with an Accupoint at a recent detector club meeting.

I did not find it to be heavy, big or awkward to use.

I have trouble seeing some of the icons on the Legend screen and especially on the Deus 1 and Deus 2 audio modules/puck controllers. I had no problem seeing the screen icons and settings on the Accupoint. This was inside and away from sunlight. Might be different in full sun.

I did not get a chance to test it against any other pinpointers.

Some people complained about the price which looks like it will be $139 US. If this was just a "normal" featured pinpointer, I would agree. However, its pairing ability with the Legend and Simplex BT headphones, the brightly lit color display screen, iron discrimination, 20 kHz operating frequency and internal rechargeable battery, put it in a class that is only presently occupied by the $159 XP Mi-6 and the $129 Quest X-Pointer Max (haven't used the X-Pointer Max).

I personally have owned two Mi-6s and got rid of them simply due to their inconsistent pairing/unpairing which made any kind of speedy target recovery impossible on a regular basis. Maybe their pairing consistency has improved with recent software updates. I did not find the Mi-6 to be anywhere near as deep in mineralized ground as the Fisher/Teknetics pulse induction pinpointers. 

I look forward to seeing how the Accupoint's 20 kHz operating frequency does on really small targets.

Awesome write-up MFF18B!!

• Like 3

On 10/13/2023 at 11:02 AM, Digalicious said:

Thank you very much for a clear, concise, and thorough review. A+ 🙂

Regarding your above quote:

In a recent video, Dilek had said that some users were reporting a long a pairing time, but Dilek also mentioned it only occurs on the initial pairing when the Accupoint is first used. Dilek also mentioned that it only occurred on their first batch they shipped, because they updated the software on the rest of the Accupoints before shipping those out. Apparently, the updated version significantly reduces that initial pairing time.

I don't recall Dilek mentioning that Legend owners have to upgrade to v1.12 for the Accupoint to work, but I might have missed something. As far as I know, v1.12 is supposed to mainly be about the new "boost mode" that their head engineer was working on.

Why would you need to upgrade the detector software if you do not pair or connect with it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Why would you need to upgrade the detector software if you do not pair or connect with it?

It is my understanding that the software update for the Legend enables a faster connect/disconnect with the Bluetooth headphones, facilitating a closer to seamless experience when using the Accupoint.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Johnny,

Nokta just released V1.13 update for the Legend.  V3i hit the nail on the head.  I was unsure myself initially but after this new update, it essentially does what V3i stated.  I dont understand how all the blue tooth stuff works, but it appears to cut the signal from the Legend to the headphones when the Accupoint is turned on and reconnects the signal from the Legend to the headphones when the Accupoint is turned off.  When I was testing it, there was a 5-10 second lag after the Accupoint was turned off before restoring the Legend signal.  Now, that return is immediate.  Nokta fixed the only real dislike I had for this pinpointer. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MFF18B said:

Nokta just released V1.13 update for the Legend.

And that's a big to-do, all around!

Nice being in the community where these hot tips get shared early, for sure. 

Cheers to @MFF18B!

• Like 2

Hopefully on the Accupoint 2 they incorporate a bluetotoh mobile phone connection and app, once you've had that, nothing else really compares.  Basic functions on the pinpointer, enhanced configuration on the app, well beyond what you would ever do on a pinpointer itself.

I'll follow this one out of my love for pinpointers, so far it's not showing any reason I need to own one, that 20kHz is interesting though, if it's a very sensitive pinpointer on tiny targets I must own one so I'd appreciate any tiny target feedback from someone that has one vs other pinpointers on the market that were sensitive to small targets such as the side of the Garrett Carrot AT and the XP MI-4/6 and especially the Whites TRX.

• Like 1