Best Pinpointer To Buy?

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I am curious about the Nokta Accupoint since we can't get the Russian Sphinx 03. I really haven't missed the ferrous ID since getting the MI-6, but I recently thought of a useful scenario for ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination. So if the Accupoint can meet or exceed the depth of my MI-6 in my soil and discriminate accurately, then I'll probably snag one, unless the MI-7 comes out with ferrous/non-ferrous descrimination. 😏

But I'll probably wait for @F350Platinum to do his in depth report first! 😉

First I’ve heard of the Nokta accupoint.  Was it released recently?

Thanks for all the reply gentlemen. Winter has set in so I'm going to send mine in for warranty and see how that goes. I'm leaning towards the carrot, but the new Nokta pin pointer has peaked my interest. I'm going to hold off till spring before I buy another one and see what the reviews on the Nokta look like over time and make my decision then.

• Like 1

If you do go with the Carrot option go with the Pro Pointer AT (orange), not the Pro Pointer II (black) 

I have both are the AT is far better especially when it comes to sensitivity.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:09 PM, phrunt said:

If you do go with the Carrot option go with the Pro Pointer AT (orange), not the Pro Pointer II (black) 

I have both are the AT is far better especially when it comes to sensitivity.

By definition, the Carrot IS the orange Pro Pointer AT (ALL Terrain, meaning waterproof).  The non-AT Pro Pointer II is not considered a Carrot variant because...well...it's black.  Lol.  But, Simon, I understand what you were driving at with the caution to the OP as these similar sounding product names do cause confusion.

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

By definition, the Carrot IS the Pro Pointer AT (ALL Terrain, meaning waterproof).  The non-AT Pro Pointer II is not considered Carrot because...well...it's black.  Lol.

Don't you have black Carrots in the US? 

carrots.jpg.e0713b664ff6cf9f3b58808918503b1c.jpg

🙂

• Haha 5

On 10/23/2023 at 7:53 PM, NCtoad said:

First I’ve heard of the Nokta accupoint.  Was it released recently?

Like with the XP 13" coil, Serious Detecting puts out notifications when ready to accept pre orders for new stuff. If I want it I jump on it, that's how I got the XP D2 13" a long time ago. Managed to get one of the first shipped.

They're already selling Legend kits with the Accupoint in the box I believe 🤔 

"Nokta Banana" does have a ring to it... 😀

• Haha 2

I have received emails from a few dealers aying they were expecting them in stock in the first couple of weeks in November. However I think I'll wait until the first reviews come in. I wonder if it's going to be updatable.