Big News From Coiltek For Nox And Xterra Pro Users

GR Guy

21 hours ago, GR Guy said:

And yes very happy to pull my largest nugget with a coin/relic machine.

Congratulations GR Guy, that nugget is a beauty! Not a bad effort for your Nox too.. I'm already impressed by the first field results, can't wait for mine to come.. How did you get a hold of that one before they're released? Are you a secret Coiltek field tester or did you nick it from their workshop? 😁    

Edit: Just watched your beach video.. I'm surprised how quiet the 18'' coil is in salt water, I thought it would scream.. All good info.. Thanks mate.. 

19 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Congratulations GR Guy, that nugget is a beauty! Not a bad effort for your Nox too.. I'm already impressed by the first field results, can't wait for mine to come.. How did you get a hold of that one before they're released? Are you a secret Coiltek field tester or did you nick it from their workshop? 😁    

Nothing secret about it Erik - I’m one of the testers in Australia for Coiltek. Weather permitting will hopefully get some more footage this weekend 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

If the 18" can complete with it then it's a cheaper alternative than buying a Manticore for deep target hunters that already have a Nox.

Could you say the same compared to your CTX 3030, or does it have an edge on deeper targets that the Manticore doesn't have? Just thinking about your success on deep silver coins with your CTX and a 17x13'' coil.. 

When I get my 18'' coil, I'll take it to some spots where I know there's more silver coins.. I'm impressed by how quiet it is in salt water after watching GR Guy's video above.. I realise that was only a quick run but this big coil looks like it could be another handy tool for beach hunters..  

44 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Could you say the same compared to your CTX 3030, or does it have an edge on deeper targets that the Manticore doesn't have? Just thinking about your success on deep silver coins with your CTX and a 17x13'' coil.. 

When I get my 18'' coil, I'll take it to some spots where I know there's more silver coins.. I'm impressed by how quiet it is in salt water after watching GR Guy's video above.. I realise that was only a quick run but this big coil looks like it could be another handy tool for beach hunters..  

I think the CTX is still deeper from what I've seen so far on silver, however I believe the CTX doesn't handle mineralized soil as well as the Manticore so that will impact depth.  If in your coral beach sands I'd still say the CTX would be the deeper of the two when running the 17x13" CTX coil over the 15x12" Manticore coil but that's just an estimation based on what I'm seeing in my milder soils, the CTX is certainly holding Target ID much more accurately than the Manticore on deep targets, again this is a mild soil situation.    The Manticore may well be the deeper or equal on gold rings too, that I'm not sure about but it certainly has the right frequency choices for it and its deep on gold nuggets in mild soils.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 4:16 AM, GB_Amateur said:

1.05 kg (= 2.3 lb).  Hmmm.  Almost half the weight of the detector with this coil mounted is the coil, hanging about a meter away from the handle.  That's a lot of torque for what is typically a fairly light, fairly well-balanced detector

Rest assured GB_Amateur this coil has been tested on Wobble Testers.. Didn't know there was such a thing.. 😁 I do know the ears on other big Coiltek coils for the Nox are stronger than Minelab's.. Here's what Coiltek says about the 18'' Nox coil on one of their dealer's page:  

ct18.png

• Like 5

20 thousand cycles on a "wobble tester" doesn't sound much, I wonder what the cycle consists of? 20,000 swings being the full test cycle? Now I'm terrible at maths however, I may swing 20 times a minute, in an hour that's 1200 swings, I tend to detect about 8 hours when looking for gold, so that's 9600 swings, so they're testing about two days of detecting?    Surely, I am wrong.

Coiltek must have a better wobble tester than Minelab as their ears appear stronger, you never hear of them breaking but many of us have broken Minelab ears, including me.  Perhaps their "wobble tester" is a faulty one or they actually set it to "easy" mode. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Coiltek have put up some photos revealing how they make their coils showing the 18" Nox coil being made, no wonder their windings always look perfect on an X-ray compared to the NF coils which look like they were wound by a drunken sailor.

18noxcoil.jpg.d5348e544ebe7c8a4d70d3f6773ef4e5.jpg

That's some nice equipment.

18Noxcoil2.jpg.8db3bb323290fe22c13bdaa44e14d8d9.jpg

18Noxcoil3.png.dec53fc3dd9414b33af35f8d059f0686.png

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

Hey Phrunt - yes our investment in to automation and additive manufacturing has been good in the last few years as it certainly helps with efficiency and consitency of product. We have more plans for 2024 to help us get even better in these areas and expand our capability even further.

I didnt know the team posted that photo of me though hahaha! I must admit I think the 18" coil is one of the best looking we have made 🙂 so i spoiled the shot!

Trev

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Coiltek said:

yes our investment in to automation and additive manufacturing has been good in the last few years as it certainly helps with efficiency and consitency of product. We have more plans for 2024 to help us get even better in these areas and expand our capability even further.

That's why it makes little sense when I hear people say they had a Coiltek on their GP 3000 that became noisy quickly or something so now they prefer another brand, so much has changed in manufacturing obviously since, times change.  I've never had a problem with a Coiltek coil, not anything at all and I have at least 6 of them.

It's good the staff put your mug in the photo, it's always nice to have a personal touch to things.

I look forward to your 2024 products, the 18" is so very tempting but I'm trying to move off my Nox onto my Manticore, if I buy that my Manticore will have another excuse to stay in the cupboard.  It's bad enough the Nox has the 10x5" and the Manticore doesn't.

• Like 4