Looks Like M8's And M15's Are Starting To Appear

phrunt

41 minutes ago, BigSkyGuy said:

Yes. It says "shipped", supposed to be delivered 12-27. Thet must of sold out quickly.

Yep.  I noticed that the banner changed from "add to cart" to "pre order" so it must have been a short window of opportunity before they sold out.  Congrats on snagging them.

I don't believe any 8-inch coil can be or should be considered small.  I mean a 9 - 10 inch coil is a perfect all-around coil size.  The perfect "small coil" is around 3.5 x 5 +/- 1 inch.  Anything 6 - 10 inches should be considered a general-purpose coil.  Anything above 10 inches is a large coil. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep.  I noticed that the banner changed from "add to cart" to "pre order" so it must have been a short window of opportunity before they sold out.  Congrats on snagging them.

Thanks Chase. Hopefully a new batch will be along soon.

22 minutes ago, khouse said:

I don't believe any 8-inch coil can be or should be considered small.  I mean a 9 - 10 inch coil is a perfect all-around coil size.  The perfect "small coil" is around 3.5 x 5 +/- 1 inch.  Anything 6 - 10 inches should be considered a general-purpose coil.  Anything above 10 inches is a large coil. 

I am looking forward to the improved separation of the 6x8" M8. I really like this size coil on my Vista X. Choice is always nice and hopefully CoilTek will come out with some other options.

28 minutes ago, khouse said:

I've been begging the powers that be for a small coil, a real small coil.  Fingers crossed someday someone has a lightbulb moment and think its a good idea, as the Manticore could be a lethal weapon if it had one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Hoping the 15 doesn't add a whole bunch of resistance in the water.

Me too! I don't imagine it will be the ideal choice for exclusive water hunting but should be similar to the 15" on the Nox which was usable for occasional forays into the water at least. My M15 should be landing on my porch early next we so we will find out soon! 😉

• Like 1

Not a chance for me.....my water conditions are too rough for the M15. I only used it in ankle deep water and it was a bit much.

Mind you, this is the lower beach with the water rushing up. Calmer and/or deeper water might be okay. "Fast salt" does require tweaking the Sensitivity setting in the Surf Seawater program.

As I mentioned before.....every "leading edge or rib" on the coil is something for the moving water to grab onto.

I just ordered the 5 x 8 and 12 x 15 coils from an online dealer in Y_______, Michigan.  They say if you order in the next 12 hours, they should ship to you in the 2nd week of January.  They also show a 9" coil coming, but no pre-orders for that one yet. I have my name on numerous dealer lists, but never heard from them so I became proactive. Good Luck!

• Like 1