I Hear A Difference

mn90403

On 12/18/2023 at 12:41 AM, Qlden said:

Avantree Aria Me Headphones are aptX HD and are programmable to your hearing loss just like your hearing aids..

They also have Active Noise Cancelling which can be toggled on or off.

Absolutely recommend for 6000 users with hearing issues..image.thumb.jpg.1221f80fb04693c4c3412d0a078d2c9e.jpg

I came back to this thread just to post what you just said!  There are actually two different headphones that make individual profiles.  I will consider them as I am finding the hearing aids to have a 'seating' problem in my ears.  They keep slipping back out and after a bit of jamming back in I get a 'plugged up' sound which is annoying.  I was researching headphone with a profile and found what you found.  It is quite good you can make your custom hearing to each ear and look at the price difference!  Under $100 vs thousands ...

Bluetooth Headphones for Hearing Impaired | Aria Me S (avantree.com)

I actually had to get hearing aids also last year, and can agree with everything you said about hearing aids, the ones I ended up purchasing  I can actually connect them to my detectors instead of having to use a headphone

Today I got a new profile from Costco.  It was similar to the one I got 6 years ago.  My word recognition is good.  I mostly have high end sound loss.

After the profile this time they gave me some programmed hearing aids and they are different than the ear tunnel aids I have now.  These have a bit of a swirled feature that keeps them in place I think better.  As it turns out for me, when I eat or talk my jaw moves and dislodges the hearing aids.  This additional feature plus the price difference may make me not buy these complete in the ear aids.

The Costco tech knew I had other hearing aids in my pocket and I mentioned to him that I do metal detecting.  I was able to wear the aids out to my car and use my 800 with headphones.  They sounded pretty good.  This one also has an outdoor app so I could use the Avantrees or maybe even other speakers that come with the detectors.  

I have one other test scheduled next week at Miracle Ear and then I'll make my next decision.  Right now I'd go with the Costco set.  It has adjustable frequencies.  I told the tech I wanted nuggets to sound real loud!  haha

Mike,

Nice to chat with you briefly today.  When I was at Miracle Ear and the tech said she was from Connecticut I thought of you and called.

She was a replacement at this office location because the normal person was out.  It was not a smooth event for her and in the middle of my hearing test the computer froze.  We've had to reschedule.

Before I left I did ask some numbers and they are more than a 6000 for a level 5 hearing aid.  I'll say it is a bit of a shock.  They do have a custom molding option for an extra of couple of hundred that I'd do if I went back.

I'm going to return my other aids tomorrow.  I can't justify keeping them when they keep coming loose.  I've chatted with a couple of my other friends and they say they put theirs on the shelf because they don't stay in their ears.  

I don't have any room to have hearing aids sitting around unused.  All of that space has used detectors and headphones!

To be continued ...

They did tell me that they negotiate a price and get manager reductions.  It says it is a foundation associated with it and they provide discount and free hearing aids to some in need from the earnings they get.

Truthfully I didn't get a full price list but they have levels it seems of 1-5?  The price they gave me was for top of the line and I don't know what the difference would be for lesser models in quality or price.

Hearing aids are notoriously ridiculously expensive. That is another reason I have been happy (since 2012), with Costco.

flakmagnet ... when I was living in AZ I was a Costco member but dropped it when I moved to NH because Sam's Club was the nearby center about 12 miles away in Concord NH. Unfortunately they don't have a hearing center in the Concord Sam's Club. I kept putting it off when I lived in AZ and now I am beginning to regret doing that as the hearing loss especially in my left ear is getting worse. Ah ... what was that you said? LOL Thanks for chiming in. I think I will look to see if another Sam's Club in NH might have a hearing center.

6 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Mitchell ... I'm now beginning to think Miracle ear is not the place to go ... WOW ... $6000.00 seems a bit much. May still get tested there though.

That is the same thing they did to me when I went in for an appointment, I actually ended up going with a company called Orka Labs and purchased a pair of their Orka 1 hearing aids which cost I think $1200 at the time