I Need A Specific Brand And Model Of Boot With No Metal, At All

1 hour ago, Lunk said:

Jim, have you thought of just removing the metal eyelets? I've been doing that for many years with cheap pairs of hiking boots from Walmart and Big 5. Just make sure they don’t have a metal shank by using a pinpointer or rare-earth magnet.

Ya know, Lunk, Chris (wife) and I have been talking about that. Might be the only way to get what I want. I'm going to start in-person shopping while carrying my MD-20 to check for metal. Removing eyelets wouldn't be difficult with single-layer boots. Great minds think alike...LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoodAmount said:

It’s sad to see high quality brands lose their edge when they succumb to the lures off-shoring manufacturing.

Its happened in so many industries, its sickening....even Minelab are having their cheapest, crappiest detector built in China now. Manufactured to fail...

• Like 3

Far out, you guys are fancy, I'm rather partial to a fake croc!  All terrain shoes for me, just as happy underwater as they are above, and dry out in seconds. 🙂

Get a blow-out, big deal, $5 and a new pair are yours.  Put them on without bending over by just sliding your foot in, they even have that little strap that you can put around the back of your foot if you need them in 4x4 mode for the heavy duty stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

OK, guys I got some boots bought. I found a pair of 13M's in a Royer 6" metal free for $47.69, all up. They'll do. I appreciate all the advice, and help. I've got a copper prospect to investigate down in CA this winter, and these boots will get a workout. I'm going to be doing both 2-box with the data-logger work, and doing some ground resistivity work. Chris and I found a blow hole along a heavy quartz seam down there 2 winters back. The ground was littered with oxydized copper of green and blue. Last winter I dug down along the extrusion about 5' deep. Kept digging up more specimens, but never got to any native copper. I'll use the two-box along the extrusion, looking for native copper, and the resistivity will show any highly-mineralized zones below the blow hole. I've got enough wire to "see" about 100' deep at the hole. It's going to be interesting, but a lot of work, too. The data logger, and the resistivity device both give an image to study, and save. That's the fun part...LOL

Jim

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Far out, you guys are fancy, I'm rather partial to a fake croc!  All terrain shoes for me, just as happy underwater as they are above, and dry out in seconds. 🙂

Get a blow-out, big deal, $5 and a new pair are yours.  Put them on without bending over by just sliding your foot in, they even have that little strap that you can put around the back of your foot if you need them in 4x4 mode for the heavy duty stuff.

Crocs are fine in a country with no snakes. They are my go to footwear when out boating. 

• Like 2

I used to use Keene boots, but the quality, is no longer there in my opinion. They dot last long. I went on a search for a better boot and I found Thoroughgood boots. The genflex 2 boot is 100% non metallic, durable, stylish, has a composit toe cap to protect your toes from large rocks that you may turn over to detect around. I am quite pleased with this boot and am getting ready to purchase another pair to have as a backup or to wear on occasions when I am not out detecting. They were around $179.00 well worth the money. Double and triple stitched. You can get them through Boot Barn. 

1000056874.png

1000056872.png

1000056871.png

• Like 3

Hey Reese, those look thick enough to keep the “teddy bear” cactus from punching through. Is that the case?

• Like 1

Oh yes. I have gotten myself in cholla alot and these boots totally protect the soles and uppers. They are a very well made boot. I highly recommend these boots for detecting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 4 pairs of Keen's, 3 of them I got from a work incentive program, they work good, they are short tops and sometimes dirt and stones get into the boots, but not a big deal. I purchased a pair of Doc's high-top boots and like them very much, comfortable, just wish the laces were speed laces. When I first started looking for non-metal boots, I brought my pin pointer with me to the boot store, got some weird looks, now a-days I can tell which are and which are not metal without a pin pointer. I have a lifetime of no metal boots now.