Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

4 hours ago, Wiggins said:

Sure, I brought up bone conduction to my boss, we're considering producing them, need to run it by our engineers and product team, and also gauge interest from the community.

On another note, would any of you be interested in a durable clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency?

Similar to this DeWalt device: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Wearable-Bluetooth-Resistant-Hands-Free/dp/B0B11LNX21

image.thumb.png.edb364283e53c15c263e0b514aa9f663.png

At the moment, the frontrunners for our development would be:

1: Upgraded version of Torus with better durability

2: Clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency

3: NB18 style neckband earbuds with aptX Low Latency 

4: Bone conduction headphones with aptX Low Latency

All of these devices if developed would come with the Relay Bluetooth transmitter (aptX Low Latency enabled) and a 3.5mm-6.35mm jack.

As @phrunt said in his reply all four would go over big with us detectorist, with the four different types you posted up there would be something for each and everyone of us detectorist we would have to look no further than Avantree for our detecting, hearing devices, they would all work 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never had an issue with the Torus paired to the 6000. Works very well.

More rugged housing would be good but apart from that, I have no complaints at all.

16 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

I really like the idea of the clip on speaker!

Thats the one I am really interested in also, but having a choice of four would be great

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 3:13 PM, DSMITH said:

Hi Wiggins at one time I had a pair of these that I used when I was the foreman on a landscape maintenance crew for a school district, I would actually wear them while running a mower which mowers have very loud volumes when the blades and engine is running

I would listen to music through these while I was operating a mower and they had great volume that I could hear music over the mower through these, they were made by Panasonic and are no longer in production, they were produced back in the early 2000s 

https://www.aptx.com/products/panasonic-btg-s10-bone-conduction-headset

if Avantree could produce something like these I believe they would work great for Metal Detecting

A Panasonic 10RP-BTGS10 Bone Conduction headset was purchased from eBay. They have the same volume as the previous bone conduction headset purchased. So it appears that bone conduction cannot overcome age related loss of hearing as well as the Avantree Torus Speakers.🤫

2 hours ago, Chet said:

A Panasonic 10RP-BTGS10 Bone Conduction headset was purchased from eBay. They have the same volume as the previous bone conduction headset purchased. So it appears that bone conduction cannot overcome age related loss of hearing as well as the Avantree Torus Speakers.🤫

I own and use the Panasonic BTGS10 Bone Conduction headphones, they do connect rite up on My Legend and show the two little LLs when connected, and they have the same issue as every other bone conduction headphone that I have tried,

(there is not enough volume) when using the BTGS10 bone conduction headphones with out putting ear plus in both ears, with earplugs the volume is not to bad and you are able to hear the tones clearly, the problem is I do not personally want to have to put in a pair of earplugs to be able to hear the tones from my detector

The BTGS10s are very good when using them with a cell phone, or a laptop, as far as volume but not when connecting them up to a metal detector, or wireless transmitter.

If someone is willing to wear earplugs along with the BTGS10 Bone Conduction headphones they are not to bad but for me personally wearing earplugs kind of defeats the purpose of why I wanted Bone Conduction headphones in the First place which is being able to stay aware of what is going on around me

Hey guys, here's an update from Avantree.

We're working to create a line/series for "Metal Detector Sets" on the Avantree website.

The two sets that we're likely to develop are:

• An upgraded Torus neckband speaker with the Relay Bluetooth adapter
  • A Dewalt style durable clip-on speaker with the Relay Bluetooth adapter

Another thing, I've received some feedback that the Relay is difficult to use with your metal detectors due to the short 3.5mm AUX cord on the Relay. As an alternative, what would you think of a transmitter like our Priva III (TC318)?

https://avantree.com/product-support/BTTC-318-CHP

It is one of our older products, and has a female 3.5mm AUX port, so you can use your own, longer AUX cable to connect it with your detector if the Relay's cord is too short. It also has aptX Low Latency.

We can provide a magnetic clip/sticker so you can mount it on your metal detector.

Please see the photos attached.

Would you be interested in a product like this? Unfortunately, this product has been discontinued, but if there's enough interest, we may create an updated version. One thing it's missing is volume control, the new version would definitely have that.

420726800_918896256303415_66054152575145

422769050_391163486732874_70122368235301

422645620_883835110092049_72709797315823
420697644_359510990369231_58559081994282

I am currently using the Avantree TC417 as a transmitter on one of my detectors paired with the Torus Neckband works AOK no trouble, I am happy with it thus unless I have troubles I see no need to change. However others may have a need, I thank you for making this option to us.

I think you're on the right track Wiggins, the double-sided tape idea isn't ideal, it is better to use adhesive Velcro, this way we can stick the Velcro onto various detectors so we can move the device around, seeing they weigh nothing the Velcro is plenty strong enough for the task and something I already do with a transmitter.  People may be concerned putting a magnet near their control box of the detector in case it has detrimental effects.

Indeed, with many detectors different where you need to mount transmitters it is generally best to have a female socket on the transmitter to allow various length cords while supplying a standard short cord something like 10cm would be typical.

This is a similar product that was made for metal detecting, it has volume control on the receiver, and a transmitter that you use supplied adhesive Velcro to stick onto your detector, and they give you multiple Velcro stickers so you can put them on various detectors with the transmitter having it's Velcro fixed.  It uses 2.4 GHz.  The receiver is designed to plug into headphones so you're still corded with this particular device.  They do another one that has the transmitter and custom 2.4 GHz headphones.  The aim for your improved version is to move onto Bluetooth atpX LL so we can use whatever wireless headphones we choose and just have a transmitter.

wirefreemate.jpg.5fe74fd7f6101163c05337d11de375c9.jpg

Now onto the clip on speaker, this is a great idea and a way you can further enhance it is to have a clip system for those that want to clip it onto their shirt or backpack or wherever but also have a mount so it can be clipped onto the detector and directly plugged in.  If you can do this with at least 12 hours battery life that would be ideal.

Here is an example with the JBL Wind Bluetooth speaker, it has a mount for a bicycle handlebar which incidentally fits perfectly onto most metal detectors shafts. 

JBLWind.jpg.907d6239c417aaf5799955ce9e93e613.jpg

This is the mount, the speaker just slots into it.

JBLWindpic2.jpg.ac11af814707514754861580dc80c4ed.jpg

The speaker in the mount, it is a water-resistant speaker.

They now have a newer version too.

jblwind3.jpg.87b8a8ff34bacf57173e56d067dffe64.jpg

So this device could have Bluetooth aptX LL to connect directly to the various detectors that have that built in, and it could also have a 3.5mm female socket to allow it to be plugged directly into detectors for when mounted on their shaft.  This is one of my detectors below with the JBL Wind connected directly with cable to the audio output of the detector, I made a custom right angle cable so the plug didn't stick out.

IMG_1379.thumb.jpg.3c8ebda19a3aecf6bb8f683dde3b7fff.jpg

IMG_1378.thumb.jpg.ade55adbcaa0aa5808cc3cbc2fd26428.jpg

The downside to the JBL Wind is battery life is far too short, generally 5-6 hours and it is not low latency which doesn't matter in this case as its cabled in, no point going wireless when it's mounted like that anyway.

So, if your clip-on speaker had an option for a clip, and a bicycle mount like this, it opens it up to more of a market, you'll get the people with bikes wanting to buy it too and have more options for detector users.

The products above can be used for metal detecting, they're not by any means perfect, I hope it helps give you some ideas.

Finally, I really like the upgraded Torus option, this one I must have.

40 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think you're on the right track Wiggins, the double-sided tape idea isn't ideal, it is better to use adhesive Velcro, this way we can stick the Velcro onto various detectors so we can move the device around, seeing they weigh nothing the Velcro is plenty strong enough for the task and something I already do with a transmitter.  People may be concerned putting a magnet near their control box of the detector in case it has detrimental effects.

Indeed, with many detectors different where you need to mount transmitters it is generally best to have a female socket on the transmitter to allow various length cords while supplying a standard short cord something like 10cm would be typical.

This is a similar product that was made for metal detecting, it has volume control on the receiver, and a transmitter that you use supplied adhesive Velcro to stick onto your detector, and they give you multiple Velcro stickers so you can put them on various detectors with the transmitter having it's Velcro fixed.  It uses 2.4 GHz.  The receiver is designed to plug into headphones so you're still corded with this particular device.  They do another one that has the transmitter and custom 2.4 GHz headphones.  The aim for your improved version is to move onto Bluetooth atpX LL so we can use whatever wireless headphones we choose and just have a transmitter.

wirefreemate.jpg.5fe74fd7f6101163c05337d11de375c9.jpg

Now onto the clip on speaker, this is a great idea and a way you can further enhance it is to have a clip system for those that want to clip it onto their shirt or backpack or wherever but also have a mount so it can be clipped onto the detector and directly plugged in.  If you can do this with at least 12 hours battery life that would be ideal.

Here is an example with the JBL Wind Bluetooth speaker, it has a mount for a bicycle handlebar which incidentally fits perfectly onto most metal detectors shafts. 

JBLWind.jpg.907d6239c417aaf5799955ce9e93e613.jpg

This is the mount, the speaker just slots into it.

JBLWindpic2.jpg.ac11af814707514754861580dc80c4ed.jpg

The speaker in the mount, it is a water-resistant speaker.

They now have a newer version too.

jblwind3.jpg.87b8a8ff34bacf57173e56d067dffe64.jpg

So this device could have Bluetooth aptX LL to connect directly to the various detectors that have that built in, and it could also have a 3.5mm female socket to allow it to be plugged directly into detectors for when mounted on their shaft.  This is one of my detectors below with the JBL Wind connected directly with cable to the audio output of the detector, I made a custom right angle cable so the plug didn't stick out.

IMG_1379.thumb.jpg.3c8ebda19a3aecf6bb8f683dde3b7fff.jpg

IMG_1378.thumb.jpg.ade55adbcaa0aa5808cc3cbc2fd26428.jpg

The downside to the JBL Wind is battery life is far too short, generally 5-6 hours and it is not low latency which doesn't matter in this case as its cabled in, no point going wireless when it's mounted like that anyway.

So, if your clip-on speaker had an option for a clip, and a bicycle mount like this, it opens it up to more of a market, you'll get the people with bikes wanting to buy it too and have more options for detector users.

The products above can be used for metal detecting, they're not by any means perfect, I hope it helps give you some ideas.

Finally, I really like the upgraded Torus option, this one I must have.

The bike mount is a great idea except I see one issue some of the detectors have odd shaped shafts, one being the Axiom there is nothing round anywhere on that detector to attach that type of bike clamp mount, and the Axiom is only one detector with an odd shaped shaft, but that is a great idea.

a more elongated square type transmitter also would make it easier for placement on a detector somewhere, one shaped like this below would be ideal for placement on most detectors with female 3.5mm jack and RX/TX capabilities, with included volume control  

https://avantree.com/as70p-bluetooth-adapter-for-headphones

or something similar to the ones phrunt suggested