Rcdigs Deus 2 Rc Mount Review

7 hours ago, relicmeister said:

What I like about the RCdigs RC mount is that  1.  no worries about losing the remote 2. The ability to tilt 3. Offers good protection of RC 4. Remote comes out easily to use it wrist mounted. 5. Nicest piece of 3-D printing I’ve ever seen. I think it also makes for easier attaching of the antenna for water detecting. 

relicmeister -- I agree with all of your points, and just wanted to emphasize point #5.  I am generally not a fan of 3D-printed parts, particularly with anything that requires strength, and longevity.  While a professional-grade printer can do a good job, when it's used by someone with professional-grade knowledge, let's just say that many of the things found for sale on ebay are NOT of this level of quality.

As such, I am very hesitant to endorse anything 3D-printed, and that's why all of my plastic parts, that are used on my shafts, are either injection-molded, or CNC-machined from engineering-grade plastics.

WITH THAT SAID, the RCDigs mount quality is as high as I've seen, with any 3D-printed item.  And I think the popularity of these mounts attests to that.  In speaking at length with the guy who produces these, it's clear he KNOWS what he's doing, and has equipment that is up to the task.  And the results speak for themselves.  I'm duly impressed...

Steve

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read many posts about people trying to improve their XP Deus 2 setup including myself.  This is the very reason I sold my remote, it kept falling off the mount, my antenna wire corroded from the inside , shaft isn't long enough for tall people, and changing gray plug to red plug... I kept the WS6 master , bought Steve's straight shaft and zip tied the puck mount to the stem mount so it won't come off.  I no longer use a deus for water hunting.  Manticore does all of that very well and with zero hassle.  I love XP products, but the entire shaft , mounting system needs a complete overhaul IMO.  I use the Anderson XP pistol grip mount on Steve's straight shaft and a minelab monster 1000 arm cuff.   I also use a simplex entire shaft , removed display and coil and made a mount for the puck and that works great.   And they all work better than the stock XP Deus shaft for me.  

On 1/20/2024 at 1:17 AM, steveg said:

I agree with all of your points, and just wanted to emphasize point #5.  I am generally not a fan of 3D-printed parts, particularly with anything that requires strength, and longevity. 

AMEN!!! 100%

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 4:06 PM, F350Platinum said:

I'm thinking the RCDIGS mount is going to be a winner for the SCUBA folks, actually thought of you and @Skull diver, with either shaft you have.

Delivered right now in my hands...

I hope to try it in tomorrow morning session 🫧

IMG_20240131_165933.jpg

IMG_20240131_170616.jpg

4 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Thanks, I wonder if I can find that on the US eBay, that's a nice rig.

So glad you got the RCDIGS mount, I'd recommend putting some kind of anti-seize compound on the hardware just to be safe. I have no doubt that you will put the mount through some rigorous underwater work. 🙂 Hope to see your impressions.

21 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

anti-seize compound

I have tried several variations of silicone grease.

White, blue, stringy, PTFE, but I've only been using a trivial jar of Vaseline for years now 🤣

5 minutes ago, Skull diver said:

I have tried several variations of silicone grease.

White, blue, stringy, PTFE, but I've only been using a trivial jar of Vaseline for years now 🤣

Well, sometimes the oldest is the best! 🤣

For those that are interested, here is a list of commonly used anti-seize compounds in the Marine industry:

https://www.marineinsight.com/guidelines/top-5-anti-seizure-compounds-used-onboard-ships

I apologize in advance for anyone that has to translate 🙄 Vaseline is on the list.

Although I could open a new post about it, I am adding a small modification that may be one less job in making the D2 suitable for underwater use.

I finally found the 25" antenna cable available.

In my setup, a hole in the rod and creating an internal coil with the excess length proves of little advantage, considering that the RCdigs mount sits on an additional adapter on the Anderson handle, I preferred to run the antenna cable from the mount to the coil on the outside.

All in all, with far fewer turns around the rod, I am just fine with this....

IMG_20240203_170037.jpg

IMG_20240203_170215.jpg

IMG_20240203_170243.jpg