A Dozen Buttons And A Silver Shock!

I know that you simply amaze everyone with your hunts, and that goes for this one indeed.

Good luck on your next hunt, but we all know that with you, you have more luck than the rest of us.

Take care and be safe out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those fields you have access to and how productive they obviously are tells me they were virtually undetected until you got there.  Then considering the size and number of them, they’ll keep you busy for a lifetime of wonderful hunting!  👍🏻😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I know that you simply amaze everyone with your hunts, and that goes for this one indeed.

Good luck on your next hunt, but we all know that with you, you have more luck than the rest of us.

Take care and be safe out there.

Thanks VL, There's a lot going on here about a new detector, I may be interested in it myself someday. 🤔 I like posting finds, hopefully it indoors others to get out there.

I think it's more that stuff is where I'm looking, I'm finding I have to be a bit more persistent, take more chances on ID's, and now that I've developed a good understanding of the capabilities of the tool, I'm able to "see" more than I did.

Silver is "easy". If it's there and your coil is over it you know it. In this case it wasn't too obvious but the D2 tends to give a one number ID on certain items. Older silver tends to ID lower than newer silver.

The other thing that really stood out is that almost all of the buttons were giving the same IDs as the larger buckshot, so I had to dig that signal every time. A buck ball may "double tap" with the 13" coil, but so might a small ball button. At this site you have to be ready for anything. 🤔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Those fields you have access to and how productive they obviously are tells me they were virtually undetected until you got there.  Then considering the size and number of them, they’ll keep you busy for a lifetime of wonderful hunting!  👍🏻😊

Thanks Colonel,

"Virtually undetected" is probably right, but in this case the place is so big random hunting won't produce the same result.

It's been detected before, but even if the others were there a lot, they either didn't have as sophisticated a machine, or didn't want to waste time digging the same junk over and over, or they just weren't that good at it. Chase and I have found that to be the case elsewhere.

On the beach you can get jaded pretty fast by pull tabs, Zincolns and foil, but if you stop digging them you stop finding some really good stuff. That's been my takeaway from the good people on this forum and my ever-increasing experience. I'm glad I do beach hunting as well.

It was nice to get a stunner of a small silver coin, this one is sized between a Trime and a half Reale. It must not have been on its side, I imagine I might have missed it if it was, but if something gives me a pretty consistent 85 I'm going to dig it, hence the iron in the trash. Some of that flashed a number in the 90s.

My local places are starting to "thin out" because I hunt them when I don't want to be too far away from home, or when I'm waiting to hit a better/newer place with Chase. He travels a long way so I want to give him the best chances.

The farmer said he's going to "rip" the fields this spring, so that may bring up some more stuff but after a while with no replenishment like a beach has, you have to get more detailed or you only get one or two things.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm just thrilled to have one at all!

Mint versions of this coin are worth up to ~$100,000. Woulda been nice... 😅

It's supposed to weigh 1.35g, but it only weighs 1.2. it was on a thread or chain, probably worn for years before it was lost. The wearer managed to completely obliterate the reverse, must have been very active 🤔

Looks like yours is the large eight version? Still worth about $1421 in G4 condition (if it were complete and intact ☹️).  A great find nonetheless!  Maybe it’s sister is hiding out there somewhere…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

Looks like yours is the large eight version? Still worth about $1421 in G4 condition (if it were complete and intact ☹️).  A great find nonetheless!  Maybe it’s sister is hiding out there somewhere…

Thanks Ghound, yeah, it's bent, cracked, and holed 😢 I was this close to finding "that coin"! 🤏

You can bet I'll be looking for anything else that might have been on that string or thread, in essence what wore that coin out. 🤔 I'm hoping it was an Escudo or something 😏 for the reverse eagle to be gone like that it had to be wearing against something...

... But maybe that has already been found. 😬

• Like 2

Draped bust silver 😍. Those are incredibly hard to find!!! Forget about the rest of the stuff 😅 That coin is sweet!!!

• Like 2