The Jewelry Box (long And Lots Of Pics)

3 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Wow! Heck of a hunt there F350! That must have been really enjoyable. Tough to pick a favorite find but I am leaning toward the FAA pin. It's a cool find...as are half the other targets you dug!

Thanks Lodge,

Been using Tekkna (my version) in trashy places a lot, dare I say it may outperform Relic (my version). I tried Relic in this spot also, and noticed that it falsed far more on iron than Tekkna did. While you do find you're digging more non-ferrous junk, lifting works better, and of course the audio filter comes in handy identifying some aluminum and poor metal stuff.

I think if we dig some of the iron next time we will get still more surprises. 🙂

• Like 3

Wow, that's a nice surprise.😄 Sterling turning up everywhere (including that spoon 😉) Sure it's nice to find 1600's coins, but sometimes silver jewelry can be a lot of fun as well. That would make a nice small display. Great hunt.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Wow, that's a nice surprise.😄 Sterling turning up everywhere (including that spoon 😉) Sure it's nice to find 1600's coins, but sometimes silver jewelry can be a lot of fun as well. That would make a nice small display. Great hunt.

Thanks, we might be missing the gold because of the junk. 🤔 I should probably bring my Nox with the 10x5, nothing is especially deep as usual.

I'm thinking now the jewelry box may have been under the house or something, or stashed somehow. However, silver has always been cheaper than gold, so this may be it.

If the badge is indeed one of a kind other than the solid gold version I found on the Internet, it may bring great interest. 🙂 The gold one was made especially for the Chairman, representing his interest in railroads and shipping.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hanna

He was quite an individual, but I will find the name of the person who owned this one 😏

• Like 3

Well , there you go again . A couple of "Sons of the Fields Full of History" 

Nice day on the permissions !   🤯  ( is there a green with envy emoji ?)

I bet you WILL find the name of the original owner of that medallion too .. maybe even return it to descendants ? 

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Well , there you go again . A couple of "Sons of the Fields Full of History" 

Nice day on the permissions !   🤯  ( is there a green with envy emoji ?)

I bet you WILL find the name of the original owner of that medallion too .. maybe even return it to descendants ? 

Thanks RVP,

I'm going to try to find out who owned it, hope I can find the missing pieces, but if the chains holding them are iron it might be difficult. The farmer that owns the field should know something about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1