How Small Does It Need To Be?

As long as it's detectable, it's big enough for me.

• Like 9

There is no such thing as to small of gold when I get the chance to go hunting. I can tell you that I have found more flour gold in the creeks around here than  I have with a detector.

Good luck trying to convince most of these people on here that it's just not worth the time to hunt for it.

12 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

There is no such thing as to small of gold

That seems to be the popular opinion

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm just as thrilled finding a bit the size in the photo below as I am a 1-gram nugget, where as it appears some people wouldn't even bend over to pick up a bit a hundred times the size of this one

IMG_20191224_123037.thumb.jpg.6ee86256e203e8fa4656c6f070e7a703.jpg

I do it for the fun, the challenge, so finding a bit like this is often harder than a much bigger bit.  So for me, the smaller the better, always a great feeling finding the tiniest bits.

I have no interest in selling any gold I find, even if I was fortunate enough to stumble on a lot, I'd keep it all, my little throphys have value to me far more than their money value.

Simon, I'm going to call you out on "the smaller the better", I can just see you now cussing up a storm 🤬 because you found a 1/4 ounce nugget instead of a .009 piece!!! 🤣

This is more unbelievable because the 1/4 nugget is a much more rare of a find where you are than the .009 piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All days dectecting are better than a great day at a job. The best days are when you’re finding more gold targets than trash targets. The exercise and being outdoors is always the best aspect to keeping our bodies in a healthy strong state. Work till the day you die is what I always say. Elk hunting and fishing is fun, but always has a short season, probably why I put more time into detecting now. 😃

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Work till the day you die is what I always say.

Wow Ron, we have the exact opposite outlook on that. My goal my whole life was to work super hard and be super frugal to hasten the day when I no longer had to do either. I was the hardest working lazy person you would have ever met. Now I'm just lazy and loving it. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2