Guess The Carrot Is Still The Winner.... Pro Find 40 Blues

ya know ive only owned 3 pinpointers in my life   until yesterday i had no idea pinpointers had discrimination...re tunning etc   the first pinpointer i used was a nokta the grey one with orange cap   the nokta i paid 99.00 mid last year   then i bought vevor of e bay for 25.00 with free shipping...still have it...recently i paid 149.00 for a red pro find 40 or should i say wasted cause some minelabfreaker posted on another forum it woul pick up a penny at 6 inches.what a line of minelab bs....i just got done watching 2 you tube vidios of the carrot and the 40  theres no difference in either in depth on all targets     but my 25.00 vevor off ebay has about a full inch better detection on all coins then the garret or minelab ...go figure...lo lol lol...why does a pin pointer need to discriminate isnt your big fancy high tech 1500.00 minelab suppose to do that tell ya junk or not before ya even dig....re tune not sure what hype thats all about....beeps if ya leave it around...thats what a lanyards for....and i read this 40 detects deeper then the 35...lol.lol    the nokta is about equal to carrot and 40.....my 25.00 vevor beats the carrot and 40 hands down 1 button on off volume....

How does the Vevor do ratcheting down sensitivity to help zero in on (i.e., pinpoint) the target? 

Detectors DO false on deep, big iron and some bent nails.  My discriminating Nokta Accupoint PP does a pretty good job of alerting me to deep, big ferrous before I've reached it and can call out nails in the sidewall before I extract them, so it does have some usefulness.  But it IS also less sensitive than my Carrot and my favorite XP MI-6 Pinpointer which has very sensitive variable pitch audio fed directly into my headphones which eliminates the need to ratchet down sensitivity to pinpoint, like I sometimes have to do on the Carrot.

• Like 2

I just remember all the early years of detecting without a handheld pin pointer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Guess The Carrot Is Still The Winner.... Pro Find 40 Blues

JCR  

I know that’s why I hunted with a small coil most of the time so I wouldn’t have to root plow the whole place to find that elusive target. I’ve looked at my pinpointer and ask it where were you in my younger days when I needed you so bad.

Chuck 

• Like 4

I mainly use the carrot, as the 35 just isn't as good but seems my old Whites TRX was better than all these.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JCR said:

I just remember all the early years of detecting without a handheld pin pointer. 

Yeah, I remember those days. I had just an old ice pick and a shovel...😁

Had the person or persons who designed the Profinds been avid detectorists it might have been a good pinpointer...Mine is still sitting in a box of extra junk I never use...one should not have to look at the pinpointer to turn it on...in doing so you take your eyes off the target zone and loose the target. Kinda like if your gonna pull a pistol out of your holster you don't have time to look for where the trigger is on the hand gun before you shoot...this is simple stuff that I cant believe gets by the engineers...

strick 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CalReg said:

Yeah, I remember those days. I had just an old ice pick and a shovel...😁

And even our shovels were not as good as what is available today. Hard to get thru roots with a Drain spade or garden hand trowel. I do still have my brass coin probe.

• Like 1

The Carrot is fine, so was the black Garrett pointer when I owned them.

I've got two Fisher FPulses that smoke the Garretts.  (Carl killed it with his pin-pointer and he knows it.)

I recently got the new Nokta Accupoint included in a Legend package.  I've only used it twice so I don't have any real experience with it yet.  May sell it if I still prefer the FPulse.  The jury is still out. 

Love my carrot.

A lot of folks don't realize you can bump up the sensitivity, as per the instructions that come with the pin pointer. At level 3 (3 beeps), I've been able to detect pennies at several inches.

I've even used it as an underwater detector, searching underwater cracks in the bedrock at swimming holes.

• Like 2