New Tv Series - America's Backyard Gold With Dave Turin

If you can pick out which episode it is let me know.

Episodes | Gold Rush: Dave Turin's Lost Mine | Discovery

You can click where it says Season 4 to go back through the older seasons episode lists.

• Like 1

I used to live in Warren, Idaho. Here’s a couple pictures of the dredge. The creek they tested is opposite of where they started dredging now and where they stopped dredging after losing the pay streak. Probably why no gold there.

77BAE3AC-57B1-4A4F-8D45-AA1201C87E73.jpeg

3825DCFB-D125-4B24-A832-59A844227268.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If you can pick out which episode it is let me know.

Episodes | Gold Rush: Dave Turin's Lost Mine | Discovery

You can click where it says Season 4 to go back through the older seasons episode lists.

It might have been a few of those first season ones? Definitely E1 and E102 from the thumbnails. I'm way disconnected from TV these days. I must have seen their operation out there after they were already done, which means they probably didn't get very far on it. 

A real SMH moment with Dave being the 'host', my understanding was that he was never a prospector anyway, just a quarry owner/earthmover...everything he learned about gold mining was since he joined Gold Rush. The real-deal guy to do this sorta thing would be Freddy Dodge methinks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jasong said:

It might have been a few of those first season ones? Definitely E1 and E102 from the thumbnails. I'm way disconnected from TV these days. I must have seen their operation out there after they were already done, which means they probably didn't get very far on it. 

I think there were 6 shows where he visited possible mine sites.

37 minutes ago, Aureous said:

A real SMH moment with Dave being the 'host', my understanding was that he was never a prospector anyway, just a quarry owner/earthmover...everything he learned about gold mining was since he joined Gold Rush. The real-deal guy to do this sorta thing would be Freddy Dodge methinks.

These shows are quite manipulated by the producers I think. I don't know if you remember way back in Gold Rush when Todd Hoffman moved his crew to the High Bar mine in Oregon. I talked with the head of a group that was trying to sell it. Just a small part of the acreage was permitted. He told me that when Todd & Dave & rest of crew got there they only spent a few hours actually mining for the show before they moved to Fred Dodge's claim in Colorado. 

If I recall correctly Dave never did anything at Jason's claim because as mentioned the lack of water.

Jason however joined up with Dave as a crew member on the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gold Seeker said:

If I recall correctly Dave never did anything at Jason's claim because as mentioned the lack of water.

Jason however joined up with Dave as a crew member on the show.

Howdy Skip. Hope you are doing great. Dave offered the crew a chance to buy the mine in Alaska with all equipment for one million but supposedly they turned the offer down which may have been smart. The operation there was prone to flooding which caused many problems. I think Dave was just sick of fighting everything and wanted to spend time with family. 

I was playing billiards yesterday and one of the guys came up to me and said "Have you seen that gold show?"  I said I know about it but hadn't watched it yet.

He thought it was great.  He's a native Californian and never hunted for any gold in his life but has been fishing all over the mountains.

The show's real claim to fame might be that it gets non-prospectors to watch!

• Like 1

I love the Gold Rush series and I'm thinking I will feel the same about this one because it's the lure of treasure that got me started into metal detecting nearly 45 years ago. I know they're made for TV and the drama is likely cooked into the show but it keeps me digging every pull tab thinking I might have a story of my own under that sand or dirt. I may have to take up looking for gold now as I've never been out prospecting or detected for raw gold. Circumstances have just never lined up for me to do it. I need to find me some treasure so I can buy one of Gerry's machines and 3 days of his expertise. You just have to believe the next swing is going to be the one. 

• Like 5