Using The 7000 To Pick Up The Scraps Missed By The 6000

Very well done and a well presented post,although i have never done any nugget hunting your post certainly gets the case over on how you do it....many thanks.

• Like 2

Beautiful finds. The Z with the NF12 remains my preferred detector for a reason.

GC

• Like 5

Agreed. The 6 makes life very easy but the 7 is a real workhorse. I accidentally left the guide arm at home which made for an interesting outing. Using a detector without one puts a lot more strain on the body. I found my concentration span was shorter yesterday due to this and short, regular breaks were needed to maintain focus. 

• Like 3

The ZED is unrivalled on deeper targets, with a smaller coil attached it becomes a real weapon on the tiny stuff too.  

Nice post, great gold too.

• Like 1

They are good finds Doc. You are right about its ability to sniff out deep targets. When we were onto the small gold, we just got into the zone and forgot about getting the phone out to do some filming. As things slowed up a bit, we finally drew breath and took the time to take one small bit of footage. It’s just a raw, unedited clip so apologies if it is clumsy. It is what it is. We had our machines running in sensitivity 15, high yield, difficult. Except for the really small pieces, they were banging through really well.

• Like 7

You could see in that you were used to using the 6000, leaving the Zeds coil way too close to the dig hole setting it off all the time digging🙂

You can get away with doing that with the 6000, but not the GPZ. 

That’s some really nice gold, thanks for sharing!

More people in the U.S. are cleaning up small gold missed by the 7000 with the 6000 than the other way around, so your video makes for an interesting counter perspective.

In general if you hunt ground that was well hunted with with a GPZ 7000 by following up with a 6000 you will find smaller bits the 7000 missed. Conversely, in deeper ground, following a 6000 with a 7000 is likely to find larger deeper gold the 6000 missed. It can work both ways.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

You could see in that you were used to using the 6000, leaving the Zeds coil way too close to the dig hole setting it off all the time digging🙂

You can get away with doing that with the 6000, but not the GPZ. 

In all fairness the pick is a large target for the GPZ 7000 & as we know the 7000 is king when it comes to larger targets at depth. He also had moved that rock that he got the signal from with the 7000. Had he moved the rock & then waved the 6000 over it I am sure he would have got that signal with it. So did he really get a scrap the 6000 missed? He didn't give it a chance & should have waved the 6000 over it after moving the rock so I am not a believer. He also should have waved the 6000 over the ground he had cleared for the 7000, maybe he did but he didn't say, but most likely waved the 7000 over it & only got that signal he showed after moving that rock. I would definitely believe he could have got a bigger bit of gold at depth with the 7000 that the 6000 wouldn't have got. 

How many of you have got gold from moving a rock/rocks no matter what detector you are using? All of you I bet.

D4G 

• Like 1