I went with the Predator tool "Sparky" for when I occasionally dirt hunt. 

It's short but I like to be as inconspicuous as possible when dirt hunting in public places. If I were into dirt hunting all the time, I would still go with a Predator tool but also would have something longer.

Predator Sparky2.jpeg

On 3/31/2024 at 8:51 PM, Rattlehead said:

More like a clip you’d see on an ink pen, but bigger. 🙂

Looks like a nifty design!  Is this something you developed or something you found somewhere?

On 4/1/2024 at 12:27 PM, rvpopeye said:

Edit by clicking on the 3 dots upper right of your post.

I did manage to edit the reply posts, or else there would’ve been three duplicates.   The real problem is I can’t figure out how to delete a duplicate post.

1 hour ago, Geologyhound said:

Looks like a nifty design!  Is this something you developed or something you found somewhere?

Thanks! It’s something I came up with several years ago. I like to keep a hand free while detecting so that I can answer my phone, grab a drink or whatever else. Tried one of those holsters for long handled shovels, but it never really worked well for me due to the T handle being hung at belt level. With the full length of the shovel hanging below the belt line, it would start swinging and banging against my ankles as I walked. Since the hip clip can be mounted further down the shaft, it eliminates that problem.

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

Thanks! It’s something I came up with several years ago. I like to keep a hand free while detecting so that I can answer my phone, grab a drink or whatever else. Tried one of those holsters for long handled shovels, but it never really worked well for me due to the T handle being hung at belt level. With the full length of the shovel hanging below the belt line, it would start swinging and banging against my ankles as I walked. Since the hip clip can be mounted further down the shaft, it eliminates that problem.

Hope you patented it!

21 hours ago, okara gold said:

I went with the Predator tool "Sparky" for when I occasionally dirt hunt. 

It's short but I like to be as inconspicuous as possible when dirt hunting in public places. If I were into dirt hunting all the time, I would still go with a Predator tool but also would have something longer.

Predator Sparky2.jpeg

I also use the Predator Tools Sparky.  I hunt mainly parks and schools, and I don’t want to carry around a big shovel. I like to be as inconspicuous as possible. The Sparky looks more like a regular hand tool.  I can still use my foot to push it into the ground, and it digs perfect plugs.

You can’t go wrong with any of the Predator Tools shovels.  They are very high quality and they have several different designs to choose from.