$999........that's probably a fair price all things considered. Respect to you Joe......if you buy a third AQ then there will be no stopping you 🤪

It's a damn good price, cheaper than shipping to get it here 😛

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's a damn good price, cheaper than shipping to get it here 😛

I'm sure Fisher would adjust the shipping cost to what it actually costs rather than those crazy eBay generated ones.

I recently shipped a heavy detector package to the USA for about $120 Aussie dollars.

Simon.........Are you tempted 😈

Not at all tempted on an AQ, a final version, maybe, the AQ Gold, likely.  I'd never spend my money on a beta product with no warranty essentially due to geographical location.  Unlikely shipping it back for repair would be viable WHEN it breaks down.

In saying that, maybe they've seen me poking fun at their shipping prices, suddenly they've removed Worldwide shipping off their listings and they now just Say USA, Mexico and Canada as shipping options and to contact them if elsewhere for a quote.

shipping.thumb.jpg.8ca06145e75f94bb4ea4a65430ad4ec0.jpg

They too probably thought over $200 USD to ship their garden scoop was excessive.

-- Update: They've changed it on the AQ to only those countries, the other detector listings have remained the same with crazy shipping so the garden scoop is still $230 USD to ship 😛

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Just got this in my emails, they drop it to 999.00 I just may go for it.. 

SNAG-0000.jpg

SNAG-0001.jpg

$1399 had me at least thinking, but no. $999 and I'd have to do it - somebody give me a poke if they see it happen. 

Here is the Ebay files showing the purchase for $1300 plus tax and no I am not upset or disappointed that Joe or anyone else can get it for a better price.  

IMG_3645.jpeg

Being a former owner of the AQ, I think a price of $1300 is pretty good if you keep it out of the salt water. One less corrosion problem to worry about and a good machine to use when it works.

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

$1399 had me at least thinking, but no. $999 and I'd have to do it - somebody give me a poke if they see it happen. 

Police negotiator to Steve Herschbach.........."Sir, step away from the credit card"

3 hours ago, okara gold said:

Being a former owner of the AQ, I think a price of $1300 is pretty good if you keep it out of the salt water. One less corrosion problem to worry about and a good machine to use when it works.

Yes to this ⬆️

To sleep at night, I could only ever use the AQ as a wet sand / low tide detector and be super vigilant cleaning it really well afterwards. Damn you Fisher for giving us a half baked potato 😡

On 4/5/2024 at 12:07 PM, The_Stalker said:

Here is the Ebay files showing the purchase for $1300 plus tax and no I am not upset or disappointed that Joe or anyone else can get it for a better price.  

IMG_3645.jpeg

Interesting. I merely looked at the eBay page for the AQ and got this email today from FT. I made no offer or anything, just viewed the page. Now it’s them making the offer, and I assume I could counteroffer. They are really trying hard to get rid of these.

IMG_4877.jpeg