Why is it every time I order something off of the Garrett site parts are missing from what I have ordered, it is getting just a little bit old for me personally

my first order from Garrett direct i ordered the 7x11 FC DD coil for the Axiom it states when you are looking at the coils for the Axiom Coil covers are included 7x11 DD coil missing coil cover I.E Skid plate, I call in and they send me out the coil cover

second order I place an order for the 16x14 Mono coil for the Axiom, again in the description it states Coil Cover Included, call in they send me a coil cover for the Axiom 16x14 Mono

third thing i order one of the WT-1 Wireless transmitter kits, in the description it states included with this kit, one WT-1 Transmitter,one USB Charging cable, One 1/4 " Headphone Jack cable and one Mounting strap, it even states this on the box that the transmitter comes in, so I receive the WT-1 transmitter kit today in the mail, open up the Box and everything except for the transmitter is missing, the transmitter is absolutely useless with out the 1/4 inch headphone jack cable, the rest of the parts that was supposed to come with I could have gotten by without, as I have all kinds of cables that would work for charging the WT-1 transmitter but the 1/4 inch headphone jack cable I do not have one of those.

now I have to waist my time calling Garrett again to get yet more things sent that should have been in the box the transmitter came in, this is just plain crap in my opinion

why can't people just do the Job they are paid to do anymore, (how flippin hard is it to make sure everything that is supposed to be included with an item is in the box)

if your job is so flippin  bad that you do not want to perform medial task to insure everything is in order for when someone places an order then quit and move on to what ever friken job you want that will make you want to do what you are paid for

I am sorry and apologize to every one on DP for my rant but this is the third time now that I have placed an order with Garrett Direct and three times now things are missing that are plainly stated (Included with), and now I have to place yet another call and wait for things that should have been there to be delivered to me, yes I know Garrett will take care of it but again this is just plain crap in my opinion

I too had that issue with a coil cover not coming with a new coil, when it was clearly stated to be included. It's frustrating for sure. Garrett has great customer service. I like them alot. Unfortunately it doesn't sit well when you have to keep calling them to fix mistakes they made. Hopefully they start seeing this soon, and keep loyal customers coming back.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:09 PM, Lead Detector said:

I too had that issue with a coil cover not coming with a new coil, when it was clearly stated to be included. It's frustrating for sure. Garrett has great customer service. I like them alot. Unfortunately it doesn't sit well when you have to keep calling them to fix mistakes they made. Hopefully they start seeing this soon, and keep loyal customers coming back.

trust me they will get an ear full Monday when I call, it should not be that way, and like I said personally for me it gets real old real quick

I also like Garrett and they always take care of the mistakes that are made in their shipping department, but you would think at some point they would get tired of hearing the complaints and would correct the problem, where ever that problem is, is it the actual shipping department or the department that boxes everything up in the individual boxes that items come in, it is quite obvious there is a problem that needs to be corrected some where in the line.

Edit - Jump to Issue Resolved!

This is now the world we live in. The old world of people being professional at their jobs, regardless of the level of that job, are now gone. ie. Boeing, Ford, Dodge, and others. Better get used to it.

Jim

39 minutes ago, Jim in Idaho said:

This is now the world we live in. The old world of people being professional at their jobs, regardless of the level of that job, are now gone. ie. Boeing, Ford, Dodge, and others. Better get used to it.

Jim

I agree Jim, it is a sad state of affairs any more 

Wow, that's crappy, sorry you've had such a bad run.  

Rather than an ear full it would be best to speak to the right person, someone high enough up the pay grades to matter, and explain the problem you've had with your orders.  It's more than likely the people that need to know aren't even aware of the problem.  

We all know they're going to make it right for you, but the problem only gets resolved if the right people know about it, and often the right people are the people that don't find out about mistakes.

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Rather than an ear full it would be best to speak to the right person

In the US at least, it seems if you call customer service, there is a 99% chance you will speak with Rusty. He is very good at his job, and I'm pretty sure he's got about as much pull, as any situation requires. I rate him a 10 at his job and problem solving.  

30 minutes ago, Lead Detector said:

In the US at least, it seems if you call customer service, there is a 99% chance you will speak with Rusty. He is very good at his job, and I'm pretty sure he's got about as much pull, as any situation requires. I rate him a 10 at his job and problem solving.  

Yeah I usually get Rusty or Mary both good people,

39 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Wow, that's crappy, sorry you've had such a bad run.  

Rather than an ear full it would be best to speak to the right person, someone high enough up the pay grades to matter, and explain the problem you've had with your orders.  It's more than likely the people that need to know aren't even aware of the problem.  

We all know they're going to make it right for you, but the problem only gets resolved if the right people know about it, and often the right people are the people that don't find out about mistakes.

well who would be the higher ups that I can ask to speak to, I have always talked to Rusty or Mary

53 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

well who would be the higher ups that I can ask to speak to, I have always talked to Rusty or Mary

Watch their 60th Anniversary video  it introduces you to many of the staff, including Mary, looks a nice lady.

They may do a great job of fixing the problems when they arise but perhaps not getting to the bottom of why they're happening in the first place, especially if the problems are split between two people so they may not see how often they even happen.

Pure speculation of course, but three problems with three orders is a bit much so maybe it needs some higher up intervention, or maybe you're just extremely unlucky.  Either way, an earful isn't usually the best approach, a good explanation of the issues will go a long way to fixing the problem for yourself, and may help others in the future from having the problem too.

An angry person with a problem gets the problem resolved with the bare minimum treatment, a nice person gets the problem resolved with a smile and a thank you.   It's rather wonderful how often and sometimes how promptly kind, forgiving, understanding and generous behaviour is rewarded.

Here is Mary, look how busy she is, look at all the sticky note reminders all over the place! 

mary.thumb.jpg.2a2b067d04dca7ba28e0522d50057300.jpg