Going To New Zealand

Tomorrow night the family and I will be going on a camper van trip to New Zealand.  It's not a gold trip but I have accepted an invitation to hunt a couple of days in the Queenstown area.  That will be in the second half of the trip.  I'll be with Simon and JW for a few hours to experience some of the mild soils I've been hearing about for years.

There is so much to do in New Zealand before I get to Queenstown and on the ferry return.  Seventeen days don't seem like enough now.  I was not aware that it is about a thousand miles from Auckland.  When you add in a ferry, some hot springs, a worm cave here and there, the Hobbit village and a train ride it eats up all your time.  Maybe I'll have to go back but for now my kids have a chance to miss a bit of school here so I'm going.

If any of you have some 'don't miss spots' please let me know and we might be able to stop.  

Sweet as bro'

Make sure you bring your:

1. Jandals

2. Chilly bin

3. Scaffolding ticket

.....only Simon and a few others will get my "humour" 🤪

You will have a great time. Hopefully Milford Sound isn't snowed in like it did for me many years ago 😞

• The title was changed to Going To New Zealand
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Hopefully Milford Sound isn't snowed in like it did for me many years ago 😞

My wife has been there and she has other things in mind for this trip.

Yea, NZ maybe skinny, but it's long.

nzoverusa.thumb.png.094bedad92cc9c1e1c44c2ac8310ff44.png

NZ-size-Compared-to-USA.thumb.gif.9da7332f15a953515f2bc27b3f19f27d.gif

We are in a gold area down the bottom here, but there is gold all along the West coast and the top of the South Island, and the North Island has probably the biggest of the gold mines where JW used to live.

WaihiGoldMine.thumb.jpg.00d71f6caa913ba8731a24c4bd4ba48b.jpg

Maybe one day when the golds run out, they'll let it fill up with water and those houses on the edge of the mine will suddenly be worth multi millions as lakefront properties 🙂

That last photo was when Simon used to detect without a pin-pointer 😛

35 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

It's not a gold trip

It is a training trip!  I've had many trainers and I've learned from both of these guys online so I'll take advantage of some in person training now.  🙂

It is funny that Simon would put up the map he did over the eastern United States.  When I started planning the trip I used a similar map and the place where it says Dunedin is very near where I grew up.  I've driven up and down the Eastern United States a few times but only going to New York City once.

I've been through the other parts of Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas before I knew anything about gold.

My wife's sister lives in the north near the big gold mine.  I'll have to take a look at it and take a few pictures.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

That last photo was when Simon used to detect without a pin-pointer 😛

That's the 15" Concentric coil on the GPZ for you, it goes deep 🙂  

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Tomorrow night the family and I will be going on a camper van trip to New Zealand. 

Good luck on the trip and let our friends know that we enjoy their input on this forum for us.

I just want to know just how big are those water wings are that attaches to your camper van and how long is it going to take to drive there. Hope you don't sink if a shark bites one of the floats on the van.

Good luck and safe journey.