Man Finds 5 Gold Bars In A Fuel Tank Of A Tank

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3291710/tank-collector-two-million-gold-bullion-military-vehicle/

Nick Mead, 55, discovered the five gold bars in the Russian T54/69 while restoring it to add to his collection of 150 military vehicles.

Gold is truly where you find it...lol.

Their trouble is only beginning now.  The thieves and the potential owners will all want a piece.  

We'll see if the smiles they have on the posing pictures lasts.

Mitchel

I volunteer for similar trouble :smile:

Funny part is pictures of gas tank, no pictures of gold. The gold bar photo is a stock photo of more than five bars. Surely you would not give it to police without taking photos of it. And who does not have a camera nearby these days? They say they were filming it.

Personally, I would not have called the police. There is no crime to report. I bought the tanks as is, they and what is in them is mine.

I'm with Steve, but If I found it there would be nothing I could find but tank parts. I swear, who finds gold bars in a tank of a tank and then reports them to the police? Couldn't trust one another?

I do hope they get a slice of the pie for being honest, at least.

Found this: at the link below. Seems no images of the actual find yet.

He added: “We didn’t know what to do. You can’t exactly take five gold bullion bars down to Cash Converters without questions being asked, so we called the police.”

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/04/09/guy-buys-tank-ebay-finds-2-5-million-gold-hidden-inside/

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I would not have reported the find......